Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Several things come to mind.
    One word response, tool.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

He would be opposed to the Safe Act in Ny. When some law is a matter of conscience and has no legitimate purpose are you going to obey it? There are to many laws that are harassment by local and state authorities. A law that has a threat attached to it is nasty, like owning a 30 round magazine is a felony. There is no trust or belief in the system after that. They look the other way on graft in government and go after small people for minor things. That’s real terrorism in America. If he was a cop and quit, he’s now part of the freedom movement. More and more people joining the strike everyday. Who is John galt.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Sorry my first impression of him was oh, he’s a cop who put in his 20 years and retired on with a hefty pension. But listening to more of the video changed my mind. He feels the responsibility a lot of people would forget.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I want to know the real reason he quit.
    That video was a load of tripe.
    BS excuses most likely to cover leaving under a cloud.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

http://massprivatei.blogspot.ca/2017/01/cops-want-americans-charged-with-hate.html

dont worry now a hate crime to resist cops even off duty violating your rights move along citizen or we will treat you to some policing

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

He seems sincere and likely was the kind of reasonable cop most would prefer, though I agree with Whirli that there maybe more to his quitting. Maybe he was in danger of being fired for doing things his way.

Brulen, I am told that Sheriffs in the far northern counties of NY aren’t enforcing the Safe Act.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

From my experience all the local depts. have various problems with politics, personal problems, money. You reach his age you’ve seen a lot of shtf. The last two or three years they can sometimes increase their pensions by tens of thousands by working extra, like having two jobs but doing the same thing. He looks tired and somewhat stressed.

MB the demo majority areas of upstate are enforcing the republican areas are not. I’m in a republican county. They want nothing to do with the safe act. It apparently is pitting the Sherriffs against the state police and Cuomo. The downstate areas, the five bouroughs are exempt, no enforcement, just the usual Bloomberg 2nd amendment nullification. Cuomo has tried to turn Ny into his personal democratic fiefdom.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I saw and heard a very, very frustrated, and I strongly suspect burned out cop. I’ve seen that in FedGov employment as well, and watched some that ended up losing their own integrity because they were unwilling to stand on principle.

Frankly, I don’t care if there was action pending against him, and he chose to get out rather than face the music for his refusal to violate closely held personal values, based on constitutional principles – that would not surprise me at all if it turned out to be the case. Without evidence of any unsavory hidden motive here, I don’t condone even tentatively calling his motives into question. Prove otherwise, and slam dunk him – no problem. But otherwise, I’m taking this video at face value, because even without direct knowledge of his situation (and motives), I have witnessed (and even experienced) these feelings and dilemmas too many times with very decent, dedicated people. Without any contrary evidence, I’m buying into his story, and my heart goes out to him. What a waste that “we” have lost such a man in his former position. The signs are many and classic in the video.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Burnout?
    Been there, done that.
    Bad admin included.
    But sure as heck ain’t taking it to Youtube.

Sure I could spin it all to show myself in a brilliant white light, but that ain’t reality either.

I’ll keep to my skeptical thoughts, something just ain’t right with this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.