Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    bushrat
    bushrat
    Survivalist
    member4

In my mind this will be one of the most difficult questions we will ever have to deal with. The parents are all dead, and there are only two sisters (hers and mine). They both live over 1500 miles away so probably would not be able to make it here. Being a Christian makes it even more difficult in my mind. But, I am also a practical person and understand I can’t possibly take care of everyone. The wife and I are presently thinking this through and trying to come up with a plan that allows us to try and help some without putting ourselves in Jeopardy. Don’t know if that is possible or not.

Either way, if we do give any handouts it will be individually packaged, so they won’t see our complete stock. We will try to explain that this is all we have and are risking our health giving this out. “So, don’t come back.” I am anxious to see how everyone else plans to handles this. So keep posting please. :)

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

bushrat, I personally do not think the idea of individually package will work, they will come back when they are hungry.

The best way is who you help need’s to help you and work for it, be part of the group. You will not make it on your own.
    So who ever you help you need to think that they need to do there part because they will come back again for more.
    They may come back armed and kill you for your food.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Bushrat,
    I think you are inviting trouble with handouts now matter how you do it.

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

In our group it seems if we are to head out to the bo loc, We are going so far then some will be leaving and heading off in a another direction. But once at the BO loc it becomes family first, and no hand outs at all. To get in we must know you first, and have skills of somesort.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Fortunately our family network are rural country folk with ton of skills around homesteading, food preservation and production, security minded, and highly independent culture. 4 of us can hit an elk 100s of yards out. 2 of us were sharpshooters in the military. One was an expert. To improvise is built into the way of life for generations.

All can contribute and all can stay in the group.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.