Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Mr. Red – We’ve got Ubuntu on one laptop. It’s cool !

Profile photo of Desert Duck
    Desert Duck
    Survivalist
    member1

Haven’t seen my dad in 8 years… And he just turned 80 two months ago. We are going to see him tomorrow in the California Bay Area and we are at a hotel nearby tonight.

Our kids are excited to see him and really get to know him.

Driving around here you have to wonder how nuts things could get if society unravels or splits at the seams. Too many people in a confined geography. I could not even bring my full capacity magazines… Due to crazy Cali gun laws. A Glock 30 with several 10 round mags and a Kel Tec pf9 in case… You never know, right?

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Driving around here you have to wonder how nuts things could get if society unravels or splits at the seams. Too many people in a confined geography. I could not even bring my full capacity magazines… Due to crazy Cali gun laws. A Glock 30 with several 10 round mags and a Kel Tec pf9 in case… You never know, right?

Its crazy that you always have to consider what you can and cant take whenever you travel within the states. At least you guys have concealed carry permits that are valid for several states right?

Im still very busy these days and Internet is pretty slow. Wife has some problems with her eyes but we know a friendly foreigner also living in this area who has been an eye doctor before he retired. He will have a look. We already went to local doctors but they can’t find anything.

But I know this sort of struggle. Even back in Europe I had to go to several doctors to get some things properly treated.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Today is change filters day…n check solar backup day. House filters, water system filters, pool filters…filters everywhere! Then 1/2 day off to a Fathers Day picnic

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Jay, Texas and many states have an understanding where the conceal carry is valid in states that are part of the agreement. Problem is like with Nevada: Texas says a Nevada license for conceal carry is good in Texas. Nevada does not do the same for a Texas license/permit.
    Robin

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Jay, Texas and many states have an understanding where the conceal carry is valid in states that are part of the agreement. Problem is like with Nevada: Texas says a Nevada license for conceal carry is good in Texas. Nevada does not do the same for a Texas license/permit.
    Robin

Thanks for this update. Seems like this handled a bit like VISAs. Some people are welcome while others are not.

I have a great day today. I stay at home the whole day! First time in the last 3 weeks. So I look forward to catch up with some things, edit and post the new article Selco sent over yesterday (yes I edit all articles but keep them in “Selco English”, just clarify a few things with him if I don’t understand them).

Today is change filters day…n check solar backup day. House filters, water system filters, pool filters…filters everywhere! Then 1/2 day off to a Fathers Day picnic

Even this is work but to me it sounds like you are living the dream :) (plus how nice is a good picnic!)

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Having some fever and back pain for few days, together with cough, I just started IV on myself with Normal Saline to “cool” myself a bit, we ll see how all it is gonna be.
    Counting on pneumonia or upper respiratory infection. We ll see how antibiotics gonna work.

Actually it is good drill for SHTF time.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Which ones are you taking?

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I am taking Amoxicillin 500mg capsules.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Selco that is good, make sure to take it for the duration. Depends on the infection it is 7 to 14 days for the Amoxicillin.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Selco wrote:</div>I am taking Amoxicillin 500mg capsules.

Hope you’re feeling better big guy.. getting a case of The Crud can really put you off your game. Plus, getting The Crud in summer just blows. It’s one thing to be sick during winter – everyone seems to be sick then – but when it’s nice and sunny outside and there’s things to do? Man, that’s the worst… not trying to make you feel any worse, just saying I been there and I feel for ya.

You’ll be right as rain soon…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

We’ve had very bad start this winter – a few of my employees and family came down with bronchitis that were different in so many ways. My grandmother, son and mother were very sick for more than 3 weeks. At the end using a nebulizer every three to four hours did the trick. Boost your immune system with lots of rest, Vitamin D (sunshine) and zinc. Hope you will be better soon, Selco.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Working on the garden. Harvested all the lettuce–left a few that are bolting so I can save the seed.
    Spread my compost earlier in the spring and had many volunteer tomates/potatoes/squash. Had to pull some out so they didn’t crowd everything else. My first tomatoes are ripe: Supersweet 100 cherries–extremely prolific hybrids. Never stop producing. Also have lots of green tomatoes on my other plants, both hybrids and heirlooms.
    Had some rain for several days a week ago, nothing since. Dry and windy again…this is Oklahoma. Sorry, messed up trying to put photos online.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m just not ready for the **** storm coming this way.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

I was up to my eyeballs in mouse ****! Family coming this weekend so I dove into the one room with the most of the mouse problem. Gloves, face mask and fully clothed. Oh, did I mention it was 96 degrees and, even though I had the outside door open, at least 106 degrees in the room. Damage worse than I thought. ******* got into my First Aid supplies. I had cotton balls, alcohol, swabs etc etc everywhere.
    Bought a couple of cans of minimum expanding foam. Once everything is cleaned I will use it to plug holes. Once wet I will sprinkle powered cement on the spot. If they eat that then more power to them.
    Robin

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.