Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Let us know after you take care of the situation, Leopard…

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Does NOT sound good…be careful …anyone to call?…gun handy?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Leopard wrote:</div>My dog has been barking for the last 10 minutes. Not a very friendly bark. He is moving from the one side of the property to the other side. Then back to the front door. I’ve got all the lights off inside. Computer screen fairly dark. Wonder what they up to… Mmmm

Front sight, press.
    Repeat as needed.

Good luck, hope its nothing.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

All seem quite now. Thank you. Walked through the house to make sure they not diverting attention. My dog went missing for a while. Could not see him on camera’s. (I do not look through window’s) I got worried, could not find my silent whistle and opened one window (behind very bright security light facing towards the outside) – still not a good idea. Was glad he appeared within seconds. Gave him a piece of bread with butter and activated charcoal – just in case they try and poison him.

Still having trouble with a very fearless kitten attacking my feet… O well. At least I’ve got some company.

I’ve got friends to call and police do respond in my area. But you only phone with positive.. if you see them coming over the wall. Otherwise the police may not respond the next time. I am always armed. The problem is, the bad guys knows this. They will not come in asking nicely..

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Leopard, you take care of your dog, he or she is very important alarm for you.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Some perspective for those who do not understand what is happening in SA.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Stay safe Leopard. In South Africa I think you have just two modes of operation, alert and ready for the worst. Thanks for mentioning what you feed your dog just in case. How well does it help in case he got poisoned? What is commonly used to poision dogs in SA?

Jay, that is great to have Oloog tea from a local plantation, it must be cheap there. Here it is not cheap and sometime a little old. I love drinking all the teas, green, white, Oloog and black. Sometimes I use all four together.

It’s about 12 USD for a pound for the newly picked one with young leaves. Good value :)

Today we have a guy coming over who helps us to level some part of our land. We will have two terraces for the vegetable and herb garden. The land is just slightly sloped so getting part of it leveled was not really necessary but it helps preventing erosion and looks nice too.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay, The Oloog tea is so cheap there, it’s so good for your health so keep drinking my friend.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Probably going to go make another rocket stove. My initial prototype works rather well, so for “RedsRocketStove 2.0″ I’ll take a bit more care into making it look nicer and try to increase the efficiency. I might make a thread on it later.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mr. Red I will be looking forward to your post.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Will the output be producer gas to run a generator?
    Robin

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Robin what I had built is what amounts to a more efficient wood burning stove that also burns the smoke/gasses that are produced.

That being said, if/when I scale up this rocket stove, I could in theory add a container that holds wood chips to produce a wood gas, which would then be able to run a generator, or even compress it and put it into empty propane cylinders to use as a cooking/heating fuel. But I’m still rather far away from that aspect, mostly just theoretical discussion at this point for me.

If I can ever start work on a project like that, I’ll probably start a youtube channel to document the progress. I’ve been tossing that idea around for a while now, in the sense that I’d take ideas for things that we would need in a SHTF world, and basically see if I can build them today. It’d be pretty fun I think. What do you guys think about that?

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Front sight, press.
    Repeat as needed. ~ Whirlibird Good recipe ! Somehow stuck in my mind. Lol

Jay, it is very important to teach puppies from the very first time to eat from their bowl. Not to feed them by hand, throwing food at them. Criminals shoot dogs or stab them with a knife , screw driver. If the dog is trained they use processed meat or sausage – put two step – organophosphates and carbamate ( Aldicarb) inside the meat to poison them.

The first signs of poisoning start within minutes. The dog gets the feeling of pins and needles and start licking his paws and legs. He might have wobbly hind legs. And when the poison starts eating away it get really ugly. I use activated charcoal made from coconut shells, with any first signs. Then straight to the vet for injections. Special diet follows and it normally takes months before the dog is in good condition again. They get permanent liver damage most of the time. I’ve managed to safe my current dog twice last year. The first time was very bad. I’ve lost a dog two years ago – even the fish in the tank died that night. I got sick from cleaning up with a mask and wearing gloves

Taking Activated charcoal is a very good way of detoxing. I gave it to horses that ate Senecio latifolius (springkaanbos). You can smell it in their manure (sweet smell) Then simply add a few scoops of activated charcoal in their food to prevent chronic poisoning – especially after first rain/ veld has burned. Very good to have if you decide to try wild berries…without an expert accompanying you. : )

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Mr. Red. This is a youtube of a guy compressing wood gas into a propane bottle.

URL of a guy that builds wood gas generator:

http://northernselfreliance.com/

click on the drop down menu for “get hardware.” for examples of what he builds and sells.

Robin

Profile photo of Broadside
    Broadside
    Survivalist
    member3

I managed to make a “tacticool” quick adjust 2 point sling and learned how to use a sewing machine in the process. The commercial models run over $45. Mine cost $11, and I learned something.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.