Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

The mice in  the house are luring other critters to come in. Took this guy/gal outside and he started heading right back to the door. No more he wont!

Robin

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Well, guess I will trim that picture some.

Robin

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Jay, that picture is absolutely beautiful !

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Helped two friends (one morning, one evening) move furniture since we have a pickup and they do not.  Phew, tired!  But both have done me many favors in the past…

During the evening haul, some thundershowers/ “sun showers” occurred with the sun shining brightly in the west while it was pouring rain from overhead.  Beautiful rainbow in the dark storm clouds.

Also Bushrat finally ordered his Dillon progressive press for handgun loads.  Yahoo!!!  This has been a long time of saving up the money.  (I might not see him for weeks when it arrives ;) )

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Squirrel season is open, so we will head out to a friend’s place and pursue them in the morning.  Hope to have squirrel stew by nightfall.  Maybe fried squirrel and biscuits?  We personally live within city limits and cannot hunt the fat ones who eat our pecan nuts…but could if things went south.  Here, squirrelly, squirrelly,…come to mama… ;)

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

A friend has a bumper sticker  on his truck that says:

Yes I own a pick-up.

No, I will not help you move!

Robin

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Wildartist & Bushrat,

Congrats on getting the Dillon. I wish I had bought a progressive press 20 years ago. I think the primer feed is a little finicky on all of these presses so just work it out if it messes up.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I owned a pick-up till my dad had an accident. Someone took a stop sign in front of him and he was not able to stop so it got totaled. This happened two years ago and I have missed my pick-up.

I would love to find an old Ford pick-up 1970 on down to fix up.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Some might have noticed my posting late into the night, couldn’t sleep thanks to a head cold/sinus infection.

Misery loves company it would seem.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Jay, that picture is absolutely beautiful !

Thanks! We just got home and tomorrow I will have proper Internet. Really looking forward to that. Lots of stuff to get done! :)

Well, guess I will trim that picture some.

Robin

You could also upload it to http:///imgur.com for example and just link to it Robin. We just can’t host all the files people post directly from their cameras (they are kind of big!). Here are some websites that can also do the resizing: https://www.google.com/search?q=online+image+resize

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

sat, may 31, 6am was a beutifull morning with all the birds singing, over camp perked coffee, with the rising sun up in the mountains of the cariboo. been raining crazy for a couple weeks, so i have been working on fixing the muddy road. i been stuck for a week but since i increased my fresh water supply im good for a month…and i have water filters and tablets. though it has had an impact on my plans, i havent been able to achieve any of my goals, just too wet. the river has flooded some parts, and the run off seems come out of an aquafer at the road in camp….arg! however i did stay in camp and completed three other camp sites, finnished the drive thru road at trailer, and done the maintenance on access road. its suppose to be nice now, so plan is to dam off the creek, pipe the water to the gold claim for the highbanker and sleuce. about a week and the gold will show…WOO-HOO! sure was nice to see the sun and feel its warmth….

Prepare, Preserve, Protect...

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Had a great day with Bushrat.  Misty morning, the forest filled with birdsong, a pair of curious hawks checking us out. Aroma of gunsmoke from our 870s and squirrels in the freezer.

Had friends over this evening for venison tenderloin, and a game of dominoes. Life is good…

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Sounds so good what you are up to guys! :)

Today is a great day. I have bought some new tea yesterday and just enjoy a cup of a fine new Oloong tea from a local tea plantation. Sun is shining and the weather is hot like always but Im in a really really good mood that I can get back to work.

I had enough sleep finally, we have proper Internet since this morning (yey! this is pretty important for me hehe) and I’m done with all the important stuff for our new little homestead (planning the garden, selecting trees, vegetables and fruits to grow and so on).

At the moment what I really crave is some routine. I know this is terrible for many people but I like to have some more predictability in my life these days. It will probably take some more months until everything runs smooth but we are almost there.

It is also a good decision that we just stop building for a few months and simply live on the land before we build the main house (we have a smaller guest house there already where we live in). We can get familiar with the land now and dont have all the time construction workers around. Some quiet time and focus is what I hope for in the coming weeks! :)

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

wildatist, Now you are talking my game (dominoes). I good beer, and some friends and dominoes that is a great day.

Jay, that is great to have Oloog tea from a local plantation, it must be cheap there. Here it is not cheap and sometime a little old. I love drinking all the teas, green, white, Oloog and black. Sometimes I use all four together.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

My dog has been barking for the last 10 minutes. Not a very friendly bark. He is moving from the one side of the property to the other side. Then back to the front door. I’ve got all the lights off inside. Computer screen fairly dark. Wonder what they up to… Mmmm

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.