Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Darin Prentice
    Darin Prentice
    Survivalist
    member4

sunday 12 30 pm. found civilization…been out of reach for a month. gee i smell funny, and my cloths now sudenly look dirty, woah i could use a shave, concrete feels funny to walk on, wow the noise is incredible.. i guess i did lose some weaght, holy cow 28$ for a fish in the store..garbage all over the place, rude people keep bumping into me and giving me dirty looks, and why is everyone staring at me? too many people im going back to the bush…. my lap top will be re booted next week i hope, ill poke my head out then and see bout posting my log…. good day everyone…                                                                                                 Ahbou-Daddy and the Dang Nabbits on the trail of them darn nuggets, cariboo gold rush trail…

Prepare, Preserve, Protect...

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

sunday 12 30 pm. found civilization…been out of reach for a month. gee i smell funny, and my cloths now sudenly look dirty, woah i could use a shave, concrete feels funny to walk on, wow the noise is incredible.. i guess i did lose some weaght, holy cow 28$ for a fish in the store..garbage all over the place, rude people keep bumping into me and giving me dirty looks, and why is everyone staring at me? too many people im going back to the bush…. my lap top will be re booted next week i hope, ill poke my head out then and see bout posting my log…. good day everyone… Ahbou-Daddy and the Dang Nabbits on the trail of them darn nuggets, cariboo gold rush trail…

Tell us more! :) What have you been up to?

I just came back yesterday from a short retreat at a friends place. I was just working and not much online and we had some bbqs in the evening. Good and productive time. Have to settle back in today.

Lots of thunderstorms coming through but I enjoy this. Its pretty cozy at home today and Im a bit tired of talking so much with friends the last couple of days. (But it was fun of course, but alone time is really important for me too).

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Work was interrupted today, the 4014 Big Boy came through town.

http://www.uprr.com/newsinfo/releases/heritage_and_steam/2013/0723_4014.shtml

How far we’ve come.
    What a magnificent piece of machinery.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Was mowing until some wire got wrapped around a blade. This place is always rough on equipment. Said screw it, got inside and took a long shower. Plopped my butt in front of the PC and catch up on emails.

Robin

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

For me its just another normal work day which means computer, computer and some more computer. I discovered the HD livestream from the International Space Station today and this runs on the side of one of my monitors.

http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Had another interesting weekend. Got a call from police friend early Saturday night. Said If I am up for it – he is just down the road busy with a man that’s been shot in the back. Attempted hijacking. I grabbed the first aid bag. The paramedics arrived very soon. I could go home. My friend left for a house robbery in progress. I locked the door behind me and made the decision not to tell my visiting family. Just thought about the feeling I had earlier. I needed to go buy a few things, but had this nagging feeling that I should not go out. It was getting dark.

You think about stuff like that- No shopping on Sunday afternoon, Monday morning or end of the month – to avoid shopping center robberies. O well. Today was peaceful. Simply say Thank You

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

It is as if the criminals decided and planned to start their ‘work’ the day after the election.The crime in Jhb has not stopped in the last three weeks. Armed robberies, house breaking, hi-jacking, theft from vehicles.. A security guard got shot in the face 2 km from my house. He responded to a panic button that was pushed by one of the robbers themselves (hehe -stupid), while taking it from an employee of a hotel.

The security guard was trying to drive himself to hospital..luckily drove past patrolling police. I do not have knowledge if he survived. Hope he is doing alright..

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Sorry to hear that Leopard! Stay safe!

One question, are there something like “idiot traps” in South Africa? You mentioned the criminal pushed the panic button himself. How effective are things like pressure mats and similar traps that could be easy to spot but they still work because your criminals arent the sharpest tools in the shed?

I was just packing stuff the whole day and got a bit glued to the news, twitter and what some friends were writing after the military coup happened. Wife is a bit sick so I take care of her. Got her some medicine and a movie before the curfew began at 10pm (it lasts until 5am).

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Just got back from dental hygiene appointment. Going into the next SHTF with great teeth!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Yeah you Chester!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Just got back from dental hygiene appointment. Going into the next SHTF with great teeth!

I should really do my regular checkup soon… yeah soon… thanks for the reminder.

We have been driving today. We packed stuff the whole night and today we are sort of “bugging out” from the city to our homestead. Exciting times in the coming weeks when we settle in at our new home. :)

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay,

Wow, it’s good to hear this news.  I’m sure it’s a stressful time for you. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Jay,

Wow, it’s good to hear this news. I’m sure it’s a stressful time for you. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Thanks! Was just stressful for the packing. The chances that major problems could have happened became very slim after the protesters went home yesterday. The army boss who staged the coup is also the same guy who did it in 2006, so he is a bit more predictable than just some random guy.

Many local people here even appreciate the move but Im under no illusion this is just a temporary end to violence.

Frozenthunderbolt
    Frozenthunderbolt
    Survivalist
    member4

Planning my list of authors and topics to look out for at the 2nd hand book fair tomorrow! So excited; I love adding to my library! Heading out to a ex-workmates place to pick up fruit, cuttings and a grapefruit tree on a dwarf root-stock as she is moving out and offered them all for free :-)
    Had an interesting day at school, proud that a bunch of boys from my class came first in a local triathlon.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Since floods here are gone, I was out checking where I could find mosquito nets for windows. Expecting here lot of troubles because mosquito-borne diseases.
    And of course ,few days ago started shortage of disposable masks and gloves. On the flooded areas where people cleaning houses stench and dirtiness is terrible.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.