Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Leopard,

Most likely it is a combination of appliances running at the same time causing the breaker to trip.  This is common if everything in the kitchen is on one breaker. Heating appliances tend to use the most amperage.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Will be making dinner in the cobb oven again.

Cobb ovens are great. One of the things we dont want to live without anymore!

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay, 1974 is right on this one, you may need to add change the  breaker to a larger amperage. If you have a 40 Amp change it to a 50 Amp. Also see what is the total amperage of the panel. Sometimes there is a need to change the panel to a larger amperage panel.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Thank you 1974 and Freedom. I really need to spend more time learning about electricity. .. and fixing vehicles and.. I’ve been trying to fix things myself. So easy to just pick up the phone and there goes my money – I would like to take time of from work to find that small farm. The right mindset when it come to electricity, to keep on trying.. Argh! What am I going to do when I’ve got a problem on my small farm? Haha

It’s my first Cobb. It really works well ! Tonight I’ll just take some coals from the fireplace and keep the cobb going for coffee and hot chocolate.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Sunday, spent the weekend with the family at a local youth camp, working on a few skills but in reality, just getting away and focusing on what’s really important.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

New moon – raining – but more planting goes forward then work to pay the bills

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Spent it working on the remodeling or the bathroom. This house was built in 1923 so removing the cast iron piping. I do not know how they did it before with this cast iron.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I was just working on the forum today and some checklists. Planned some more things with Selco.

Got the bad news that the morons from our roofing company can not deliver the roof for our homestead because of some internal misunderstanding and we were waiting for 2 months for nothing.

We go now for a more standard roof and have to wait at least another 3 weeks. Sucks… but it is what it is. Now a bit more exercise, dinner and thats it for today.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay, I have been a contractor for over 30 years and can tell you that I still have not found a good roofer. Roofing companies come and go, they close down after two to three years then open with another company name.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Freedom, when I did research on roofs I heard lots of horror stories. Finding a good roofing company seems to be so hard because most don’t care if the roof leaks 3-4 years later because they installed it sloppy.

The major problem we have is that we want a roof with very low thermal mass (because it makes most sense for our climate) and they are the only guys who sell what we are looking for in the whole country. So we are stuck with these idiots. Anyway, we just have to wait 2 extra weeks before we hopefully can settle down over there.

Takes them until tomorrow to check what they have in stock… you get the idea.

Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

I spent the day shooting with my 16 yr old and working on my truck.

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I spent the day shooting with my 16 yr old and working on my truck.

Sounds pretty relaxed. I had a bbq with some friends last night and today I write and prepare a couple of things for the new course and later on its movie time with the wife. Slow and quiet weekend, but what else could I ask for. :)

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Beautiful day here, I ll try to spend some time out, walking.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

My elderly, close to 90 year old father came to live with me day before yesterday.Today he meets his first great-grandchild! Have to spend time re-assembling my office which had to be moved from the house to the tack room of the barn to give him his own private space with a bathroom of his own. Paper, files, boxes, computer hardware everywhere!

Somewhere in there help neighbor get tractor unstuck from mud (had 3 days of torrential/record rain and crazy dude thought he’d start planting corn yesterday), replace 8 fence boards cattle busted and spray dwarf fruit orchard.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

In four day’s there will be an election voting station across the street from my office. I will be closing my gate today, to prevent people from looking in while waiting to vote.

Also need to do some more planning to make sure everybody working have got transport to their voting stations after a shortened shift. With all the autumn leaves, I will be working on my compost heap late afternoon.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.