Viewing 6 posts - 166 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Actually did something kind of kewl today….. I bought myself a plate carrier and am looking for a good combination for ballistic plates. Not sure if I want to get a soft armor and just get in conjuction plates for my carrier or if I should just spend the money for some polyethylene stand alones. I can get some used level ii later on….

TOO MANY CHOICES!!!!

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Let us know what you decide and why. I’m still looking, but really think i’ll go with level 3 even if the whole thing weights 20lbs. At some point I figure we will stand and defend or at least warn off refugees from the city. It will be more comfortable to do wearing some protection.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is a lost thread. I always thought it was a good read that helped unit the forum in a open discussion with each other.

I didn’t sleep very much last night because I have tendonitis, some arthritis and other pains from working. I finished the last coat of mud on the sheetrock in my water damaged laundry area. I expect to install a scope in a new one piece rail mount and do a little reloading. I have to split a few logs and bring in firewood for the next few days.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I picked up branches from around the yard doing a little Spring cleaning as if it were the end of March, this being the year without a winter. Last weekend we had our sole truly cold snap, minus 20 Sunday morning and minus 15 Monday but then it was back to this year’s non-winter. The ground is still frozen so there’s no getting too carried away with yard stuff yet though. I also ordered potatoes from High Mowing Organic today. I had bought the rest of my seeds last autumn, a lot more than I really need of seeds and now of potatoes, me thinking you never know how the year is going to go.

This mild winter has thrown my wood system out of whack. In the autumn I fill the porch which carries me until about the end of Feb, then I start hauling wood in from behind the garage. Here we are now with only another week left to Feb. and a fairly mild forecast going forward, and I’m still working on row 5 (out of 8) on the porch. My wood storage area behind the garage is full with about 10 cords so there’s no room to put any left overs from the porch, and I’m not real anxious to haul the wood back off of the porch anyway. Maybe we’ll have a cold March/April. If not, I suppose we’ll just look like real country folks with wood on the porch all summer.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Minus 15 & 20F sounds like a cold day in in hell not winter

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

It ain’t over until its over but thus far that was the only sub-zero cold snap we had. There were a couple other nights that it went down to about zero but only a couple. It has gone above freezing more days than not and there has been hardly any snow. People are sugaring already. I remember a winter like this from 25 years ago. That was the year we had a house built in a new subdivision and builders broke ground for the house next to ours and across the road about the 2nd week of March if I recall.

Viewing 6 posts - 166 through 171 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.