Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

It is Sunday today and I’m heading out to meet a friend who has a furniture design company. He shows me some wood working tools and techniques. We probably get started to build a new drawer for my bathroom at my homestead.

Pretty hot here right now and we work outside, so I took some extra cloths to change. But I look forward to this and the cold beer afterwards.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday! What are you up to?

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Good morning, Jay!  It’s almost Sunday in Oklahoma.  Have been hoe-ing weeds in the garden, transplanting some violets (edible-leaved flowers, beautiful too), poured liquid fertilizer on my recently planted tomatoes to give them a jump-start, and yes, it was hot today here also.  88-90F.  Very windy which is depleting soil moisture.  A thunderstorm was predicted but no-show, so I watered the veggie garden.  May still get a thunderstorm and hail before dawn…hopefully not an infamous OK tornado.

Also tried to register online for OK Sales Tax license since I am going back into the art business full time again.  Frustrated with their complicated and stubborn website so will have to call the offices Monday.  Grrrrr….

Went to the second-hand store across the road and purchased a sturdy rolling garbage can with tight lid, fairly clean, for a fraction of the new price.  Will use it in our shed for storing TP (the one civilized amenity my husband would rather not live without…but yes, we both have used leaves before.  Not ready to go India-style just yet…)

Washed laundry, cooked meals (including salads of tender young lettuce thinned from the garden), made up a gallon of yogurt which will be ready in the morning, and while eating supper with my husband, watched “The Great Queen SeonDuek” (sp) episodes four and five in Korean with English subtitles.

A good day today…ready to go and worship God tomorrow, then go to a friend’s house and see his reloading setup.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Went to a friend of a friend’s house who has terminal cancer. Mowed, trimmed trees, cleaned up and built a shed in preparation for selling their house. I did not know the man but it was heart warming to see his gratitude. Several of us just went to help out. Came home and cooked dinner forr the kids while my wife was on a mommies night out. She went to painting with a twist. Someone sent me a picture while she was painting. It was good to see the sparkle in her eye and the smile on her face. We have been very busy lately and she needed the break.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hi, Jay (and everyone!). Saturday’s over, but it’s not yet Sunday in the Pacific Northwest. Tomorrow we’re going to visit some relatives, and then it’s back to gardening and lawn work… lemme tell you, it is hard to find a dry day in Portland, this time of year, so timing your lawn mowing sessions is like playing Rainin’ Roulette! Not that I’m complaining, though; we love the rain and all the bounty that it brings.

Hope you are having a terrific weekend!

Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

Spent the morning breaking in the wife’s new Sig P238 and my Yugo PAP M92. Had dinner with her at a local dive, and just got done cleaning the toys.

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

0323hrs here, Sunday morning. Just now getting to bed since I was captivated by some new PDF files I downloaded.

however I’m slightly tempted to just make some coffee and stay up haha

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

Got up at 0515 and went to work (0700 till 1900).

Saturday a full day martial arts seminars and in the evening supper at a friend’s house for his birthday. A bit tired now…

Profile photo of Kiwi25
    Kiwi25
    Survivalist
    member3

Our Sunday starts with putting our walnut  harvest out in the sun to dry.  We have them spread out on camp streachers  (beds) and put them out and bring them inside each sunny day.  ( It is autumn here in NZ ).   In the spirit of Jays permaculture I have big plantings of chestnuts and walnuts.  Some of these trees I grew from nuts I planted myself… which tells you that I have been at this for many years… :-).

Start now… plant a tree…even if you do not benefit… someone in the future may  thank you.  Hopefully it might be one of your children …

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It’s just before sunrise, I’m watching the light in the sky increase.  Made coffee and read all the new replies and topics.  Later today I will try to sell some art at a small show.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Just fed the critters and made sure all is well with them. Finish preparing house/accommodation for 1) first get-together of all my siblings and all nieces/nephews for the first time in 20 years – (occasion: a niece getting married.) 2)moving stuff out of mini-apartment/set of rooms in house for my 88 yr old father to come and live with us shortly from another state. Then back to the gardens to add manure/fertilize/plant some stuff and prune/tie up the dwarf fruit tree espaliers. Wine, big fresh salad and a steak planned as reward at sunset!

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Been to HuntEx (expo for hunters and sport shooters, as well as small calibre weapons) http://www.huntex.net/  Now reading through the pamphlets and looking at the new stuff. Trying out the new Cobb oven outside – can smell the chicken and vegetables.. Want to bake some chocolate cake in it later

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

It’s almost 9am now.. been up since 6.

Got dressed, made a full pot of strong coffee. Gonna be a long day. Ate breakfast (toast, eggs, and of course, coffee) and had a thoroughly enjoyable smoke on the porch, watching the sun come up. I enjoy my own hand-made cigarettes more than the name-brand ones…

Got some painters coming over today to finish prepping the house for a new coat of paint and new shutters. Have to trim the hedges and seed the lawn. If there is time, I will work on R&R-ing the distributor on our tractor so I can mow the fields and finish drilling that last hole for our last tree…

Evening? Shower, clean up. Work on my boy’s shotgun and order parts for his CZ rifle – some upgrades I want to perform. When I’m done, should be a little death laser out to 75 yards or so. Thinking about purchasing another CZ… probably a 455 FS with the full mannlicher stock. Always thought they were classy. Hot rod it the same as my boy’s 452.

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Great to read what all of you have been up to. Seems like for most of us prepping is more of a lifestyle than anything else :)

Today is Monday (well Monday afternoon already) and Im back to work. Spent a bit more time here on the forum than was planned but you know how that goes. A lot of interesting things to read and I had the idea that we might start talking about our general bug out / bug in plans in one central thread.

Im back to working on the new upcoming course now. Got to finish formatting some checklists and catch up with Selco about a couple of things.

Later on, I will do my daily exercise and maybe watch a documentary or I check out the knife making book Matt recommended.

Good start into the week everyone!

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Monday morning here (almost noon actually), going to the woods today for some relaxation, walking, and most probably shooting a bit.
    Pretty cold and foggy here.

Later want to try some ways of cooking on fire, potato and chicken meat.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Even though it was a public holiday today, I’ve spent most of my day doing admin. The pleasure of being your own boss and running a business. I’ve been trying to figure out, every now and then, what in the kitchen is all of a sudden causing the electricity to trip – with no success. Will be making dinner in the cobb oven again. Think I am going to buy that gas refrigerator after all.. Then I’m going to to relax with ‘One Second After’.. Enjoying it !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.