Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I keep having this recurring feeling that with all of the turmoil in the world we are missing what is truly going on. I have tried to take a step back, I have tried to push the feeling down, but I keep having it. Generally, have a very positive attitude toward things, but this will not go away. Could be anything, from disasters that are manmade to disasters that only Mother Nature can provide.

Has anyone else been feeling this way?

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Roadracer I fight a similar feeling quite frequently. When you know you are being constantly lied to and are being “sheltered” from all the gory details it is inevitable you are going to feel like you missed something. Don’t sweat it so much. Yes, we are all missing something but because of your hyper vigilance you will see it long before the average person will and will have time to take action. My struggle is with the feeling that the end is close and that it is going to be really bad. Some days it is just an understanding that it is coming and other days it is a gnawing nagging feeling that won’t go away. Those are the days I take time to pray and ask God what he is trying to tell me. Often times the answer is a redirect of my focus, maybe stop working on this prep and focus on a different prep. Sometimes the redirect doesn’t make sense but when I have made the change there is a peace that comes. I am learning to trust God more. I know someday there will be those moments when each of the redirects will make sense. They will be those golden nuggets that when all hell is breaking loose around you, they will be that peace knowing God was looking out for you before all this started. He knew what was going to happen and He made a way for you.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The time and ability to step back and relax.

Recently I realized that the only down time I had was whe I was either asleep or at a bible study.

Today I got off early and had a home cooked lunch waiting for the wife for lunch.
    Therapeutic to say the least.

And I spent some prepping money on the ingredients, what a good feeling.

Kick back a relax for a bit, it does help immensely.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

There are hot spots all over the place but it is impossible for any of us to know which one might morph into something more serious. At the same time we can see China actively readying itself for war and getting more belligerent towards its neighbors. Who knows what Russia might be doing. Iran will stay on the path they’re on until they have nukes, and the West isn’t going to take any meaningful action to stop them. Radical Islam continues to grow stronger and it is going to take something really bad happening before the West fully engages in fighting them. Until then political correctness will trump military action. The banksters are really good at kicking the can down the road but who knows when the limits to that game are reached. In-between time ‘Bams and the gang are fulfilling his promise to fundamentally change the country and the military is training for domestic operations. With all of this and likely more, it would be very easy to miss something. Matt is right that odds are we’ll see it before the masses do, and we have thought through what to do when it does. Until then for me at least it is a balancing act trying to live life as if it goes on this way forever, while continuing to improve my situation on the assumption it won’t. Today after tending the greenhouse, readying the raspberry patch for when its time to put a net over them to keep the birds out, and doing some yard work I took a long bike ride and stopped for an ice cream cone along the way. A little bit of both worlds.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I have the same thing also , but mine is more questioning WHO I am going to have to fight , and WHEN . One of the reasons I will be in Maine at the end of the summer . The odds of several things are a lot higher there than where I am in the southwest .

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Tolik, come SHTF, location matters and for reasons already discussed Maine is a good choice at many levels. If you don’t already have your housing situation settled, I’d make a wood stove a priority. You know what the winters are like. A well and septic are next on the list. Few wells have hand pumps but you can buy (or make) well buckets inexpensively. I have a Simple Pump brand hand pump on my well, but it was kind of pricey due to the well being somewhat deep. Hand pumps for shallow wells are fairly inexpensive. You are halfway to a liveable situation with just those three things (wood stove, well, septic) if the grid goes down. Traveling east-west through VT & NH is not the easiest thing in the world given the north-south orientation of the mountains, and so presumably you’ll get to Maine via cutting through MA. Being you’d be bringing your toys with you, just be careful going through MA, and CT & NY too for that matter given their laws, or NJ & MD too is that’s what your route includes. Federal law gives safe passage so long as you are only driving through but that doesn’t mean those States wouldn’t hassle you anyway. The good news is once you are north of MA, you are back in America again.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I will have to remember how I did it coming to AZ , If I remember , I had to go through NH , and MA very briefly , then I turned an abrupt west , wanted to avoid NY , and all the little piss ant , quarter states at all costs and did . went through Virginia and south to TN , then stayed on 40 the rest of the way . TN would be another desirable state to live in .

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I know the route. You came down on I95 through NH into MA, then likely onto I495 to I90 to I84 dropping into CT, then on I84 all the way into NY and then into PA, and in Wilkes Barrre got on I81 that then carries you the rest of the way through PA, a brief cut through MD & WV, then through VA and into TN until you hit I40 east of Nashville. I’ve done the route a number of times. It is impossible to get to New England by car without going through NY. MA & CT could be avoided but it means driving longer in NY and then having that zig zag passage through VT/NH to get to Maine.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

THat sounds right , It was upstate NY , NYC was the goal to avoid , I made the mistake of going that way the first time , it was pretty bad just getting out of that place . Sort of like the difference between skirting the panhandle of TX vs. I10 and going through ALL of texas . That sucked also . I was looking at the cost of a serious cast iron stove , and I think I would be better off building a masonry stove , with steel lining and top . Bricks , a sheet of 14 ga steel , some pencil rod , and improvisation , will be more cost effective . Plus I can customize it , if I did it that way . One thing that I’m very interested in building is what they call the Russian heater / stove . The thing has been around of hundreds of years , basically its a masonry heater that uses the heat from the chimney to heat the house , its all in the design , its very interesting and supposed to be super efficient .

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Thanks for the input. I stepped away from everything and just had some peaceful time with my wife. Recharging the batteries has been great. Sometime I let my brain get ahead of things. Some quiet time before God has certainly calmed the spirit. I am thankful for everyone here, and there support. It is good to be reminded your not alone.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Congratulations, proving that sometimes nothing really is the answer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.