Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140731/NEWS08/307310070/German-officer-serve-U-S-Army-Europe-s-chief-staff

I’m baffled, A German Officer to be the U.S. Army Europe’s Chief of Staff. The level of multiculturalism that is going on is one more break in the chain of our country. How are United States military personal suppose to react to this. One more job taken from an American and given away. This makes me sick!!!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It didn’t work so well during WW2.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Xocjm, the DOD has many, many programs that allow numerous allied countries access to our military training, schools and units in all services. This is a first of this level that I’ve heard of and I’ll be curious how and at what level he will be give access to any NOFORN information (No Foreign). When we had a “foreign exchange” officer from the Royal Marines in my helo unit (and also sent Americans over to fly with them) – but whenever we had a NOFORN secure brief he had to leave the room. Since the COS is the right hand man to the Commanding General in a specific area I’m hoping that it will only be under a job that could remain UNCLAS such as supply or admin or something.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

I kno

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Novus Ordo wrote:</div>Xocjm, the DOD has many, many programs that allow numerous allied countries access to our military training, schools and units in all services. This is a first of this level that I’ve heard of and I’ll be curious how and at what level he will be give access to any NOFORN information (No Foreign). When we had a “foreign exchange” officer from the Royal Marines in my helo unit (and also sent Americans over to fly with them) – but whenever we had a NOFORN secure brief he had to leave the room. Since the COS is the right hand man to the Commanding General in a specific area I’m hoping that it will only be under a job that could remain UNCLAS such as supply or admin or something.

I’m aware of the programs out there, I’m a Vet and my wife is a Major in the USAF. My point is that takes a promotion away form someone wearing our uniform.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The Administration is not worried about promotions apparently. “The Army says it will soon notify 550 majors that they must leave the service by next spring as part of a budget-driven downsizing of the service.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/army-force-550-majors-afghanistan-24813873

I suppose loads of Colonels and Captains as well.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Right quick…

I was in EUCOM. We were protective services for >someone< high up the food chain. I got a good idea of who does what, etc..

EUCOM is a major command – also known as MACOM. Usually the guy who heads up EUCOM up at SHAPE (Supreme Headquarters Europe) ends up with the Joint Chiefs.

This German guy is going to be working for USAREUR (pronounced “YOO-SIR-UH”), which is NOT a major command – it’s a smaller command under EUCOM. The guy who is Chief of Staff of USAREUR is most times a one star, maybe a two star. The guy who is Chief of Staff for EUCOM is a 3 star. Which fits, because Brig. General Laubenthal is only a Brigadier General…

Still, having someone who is not an American high up in the food chain and potentially all up in our **** is… disconcerting. I smell someone trying to make political mileage off this stunt in an effort to disperse some of the STANK from the whole spying thing…

Then again, there is the fact that the General is a tanker… notice his last command was commander of the 12th Panzer Brigade in Amberg – tanks. Could be someone is hedging their bets and thinking a couple years down the road… maybe we got some trouble brewing with the Russians…. and we all know the Russians LOVE tanks… having a tank commander from an allied military so close to hand might pay big dividends down the road…

We’ll see…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Malgus wrote:</div>Right quick…

I was in EUCOM. We were protective services for >someone< high up the food chain. I got a good idea of who does what, etc..

EUCOM is a major command – also known as MACOM. Usually the guy who heads up EUCOM up at SHAPE (Supreme Headquarters Europe) ends up with the Joint Chiefs.

This German guy is going to be working for USAREUR (pronounced “YOO-SIR-UH”), which is NOT a major command – it’s a smaller command under EUCOM. The guy who is Chief of Staff of USAREUR is most times a one star, maybe a two star. The guy who is Chief of Staff for EUCOM is a 3 star. Which fits, because Brig. General Laubenthal is only a Brigadier General…

Still, having someone who is not an American high up in the food chain and potentially all up in our **** is… disconcerting. I smell someone trying to make political mileage off this stunt in an effort to disperse some of the STANK from the whole spying thing…

Then again, there is the fact that the General is a tanker… notice his last command was commander of the 12th Panzer Brigade in Amberg – tanks. Could be someone is hedging their bets and thinking a couple years down the road… maybe we got some trouble brewing with the Russians…. and we all know the Russians LOVE tanks… having a tank commander from an allied military so close to hand might pay big dividends down the road…

We’ll see…

Interesting take on that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.