Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Collapsable funnel ………………….good for getting precious water on the move , And not spilling crap all over the place , that there might not be a lot of , trying to put something into a container . Just Sayin

Profile photo of TheyCallMeMoose
    TheyCallMeMoose
    Prepper
    member2

first thing i thought of was tinfoil! when you run out of your paper plates and bowls, theres tinfoil!
    or maybe some febreeze or some other kinds of stench killers…really would make your life miserable if you had to live in a shelter that smells like a pig sty..
    glass! i save glass! glass can be used for defensive purposes… marbles too! some bad guy creeping up your driveway? throw a nice big box of broken glass or marbles out and im sure that would discourage any intruder…you can use some of that JB Weld and put broken glass on top of your block fences, cause it would really suck for a bad guy if he put his hands up on top of your fence trying to hop over and was sliced and diced with a nice broken glass surprise…
    nails, boards, screws, pretty much any kind of building material would be convenient…

im just trying to think outside the box here, i hope these suggestions are helpful!

"I'd be a dumbass if i didn't plan for EVERY contingency"

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Good thinking there Moose. There are a multitude of uses for tinfoil(too numerous to mention). I keep small glass jars for use as candles. After hardening them in the oven, I fill them half full of wax or Crisco, with a wick, and they will provide light for a long time. I like the small wide -mouth canning jars as they have a wider base and are harder to turn over. I had not thought of Fabreeze but it is a good idea. Several days togather in a wet tent would become rather ripe I think. Ron S

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Never thought about Febreeze. Great thought! Tinfoil is very versatile. With candles in glass jars, home made or not, I learned a lesson the hard way. Had a store bought one sitting on the kitchen counter (formica) that burned all the way down, and burned the formica underneath it for lack of a candle plate underneath it. Cost me big time for new Silestone counters.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, I am not sure if you own a tile cutter saw, well I cutter the wine bottle top and then you can make a large candle. Glass can be heated but I find the wine bottles to hold heat very well. There is the large wine bottles too.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

ROBIN, I will not hijack your excellent thread, but hand-in-hand with this is my new post

MICRO-PREPPING, free and cheap preps and here is the link.

http://community.shtfschool.com/forums/topic/micro-prepping-incremental-preps-cheap-and-free-items/

I will add some thoughts here, also, as they come to me ;)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>TheyCallMeMoose wrote:</div>…..
    glass! i save glass! glass can be used for defensive purposes… marbles too! some bad guy creeping up your driveway? throw a nice big box of broken glass or marbles out and im sure that would discourage any intruder…you can use some of that JB Weld and put broken glass on top of your block fences, cause it would really suck for a bad guy if he put his hands up on top of your fence trying to hop over and was sliced and diced with a nice broken glass surprise…<br>
    nails, boards, screws, pretty much any kind of building material would be convenient…

im just trying to think outside the box here, i hope these suggestions are helpful!

In India, many of the residential compound block/brick/stone/stucco walls and all the military base walls we saw were built with large shards of broken glass sticking out of the top. Obviously it works…like razor wire.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

TheCallMeMoose Glass is also very good in a SHTF time for the broken glass on the ground or grass so when they walk on it will make noise or cut there shoes, in a drive way if a car goes over it you will hear the noise of the glass breaking. So yes there are a lot of uses for glass in a SHTF times.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

I have taken to heart SELCO’s advice about 1,000 Bic Lighters :D

I buy a 3 or 4 pack of lighters nearly every grocery store trip, it’s about $3 and they add up FAST!
    Not exactly on topic, but it’s a great way to stack important items cheaply. It’s almost unnoticed!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

undeRGRond, I do the same think, buy the lighters all the time. Wife thinks I am nuts!

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

LOL @ Free

I do most of the grocery shopping, so I just stash them in the first aid prepping supplies, right now.

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I also do almost all the grocery too but once a month she comes with me to get the items I miss or forget all the time. I do get some of the prepping items when she is not with me. She is not so much into the prepping but doesn’t get bad about it just is not into it. Only loves it when there is something she needs and I have stored.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

yeah, My “O.L.” hates that I save “stuff” (I part out old and broken items, electronics, etc) but one day, our fan in the bedroom quit. Burned out motor. I had “saved” a motor, switch and cord from a fan that was tossed out at work, because of a busted fan blade. The blades are just press fit (metal ones are set screw, same shaft) so I removed the blades from the old motor, removed the motor, switch and cord from the box housing, and replaced it with the salvaged components. Odd thing is, the “new” set was from a high-speed velocity fan, and it really gets with it now! lol

She was so glad I had that, saved like $25 for a replacement and she did not want to spend that at the time!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hey that’s COOL rgr

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

74 wrote:
    Hey that’s COOL rgr

;)

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.