Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8
    Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

I’d rather that Model 97 personally. I’m a ****** when it comes to shotguns lol.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Robin,

Y’all got good taste. Of course, that long barreled Smith is about as useful as t*ts on a pig, but it sure is pretty… too pretty to actually use. Most folks don’t even know stuff like that used to exist Once Upon a Time. Back in the days when you could just write a letter to S&W, Winchester, Colt, whomever.. just tell them what you want and where they could send the gun. They’d do it up for you, no questions…

Never see them days again… I’d buy that Smith and Wesson just to remind myself of who we were, once upon a time…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Reminds me of the buntline revolvers made by Colt only a whole lot nicer. It would be pretty cool to have a quality take-down carbine like that, in a shooter not an art piece. That Smith is pure fine art.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

OK , for me it would be the Star Trek Phaser , it disintegrates the body ………no body , no proof of murder .
    And for up close and personal ……..how can you go wrong with a light saber ? lol

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

74, what do you think about the Henry AR-7 or Ruger 10/22 Take Down rifles?
    Robin

http://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/u-s-survival-ar-7/

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/models.html

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Another alternative, since I have enough 22 rifles, except for a break-down model:

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/2599

Single Shot is OK for the breakdown, IMO.
    If not I will carry a regular long gun, or at least my budget says so!

Marlin 795,
    Henry Octagon Barrel 22,
    Mossberg 640T (22magnum)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Attachments:
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Ok , on a more serious note …………..SCAR 17

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

On a more serious note, a Suomi 9mm K31 SMG… and a bunch of 72 round drum mags. And a couple crates of ammo.

Or a German MP34. One of the finest, if not the finest, submachine gun ever made.

The MP34 was manufactured from the very best materials available and finished to the highest possible standard. It was so well manufactured that it has often been nicknamed the “Rolls Royce of submachine guns”. However, its production costs were extremely high as a consequence.

Look at this beauty… never see the like again…

Attachments:
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

A friends brother was a Class III FFL. Only reason he did that is so he could import his favorite things to collect: mostly German SMG and full MGs. When he died several years ago my friend lost his mind trying to document all the stuff his brother had. Of course there was box upon box of related German WWII items like uniforms and such.
    Robin

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Still take the PPSH over it , the Russians quickly learned how to make cheap , reliable weapons , they may not be pretty or stylish , but they were easy to make , keep running and got the job done .

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

“Still take the PPSH over it , the Russians quickly learned how to make cheap , reliable weapons , they may not be pretty or stylish , but they were easy to make , keep running and got the job done .”

Yeah, well, you would… :)

Russians never made a classy firearm in their lives… all of ‘em ugly as sin, but they do work… all the grace of a 2×4 with a nail in it. :)

Here… newest Russian close-combat weapon..

Attachments:
    Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Malgus, be nice to the “Resident Cossack”! :D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Robin,
    In a 22lr my preference would be a 39A Marlin take down over a 10/22.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Who needs classy , a firearm is a tool , nothing more , nothing less , each with a specific role in mind . If it does the role it was designed for , you have a winner . I would rather have an ” ugly ” Russian weapon that is reliable in the most appalling conditions , and never lets me down …………..weather I clean it or not , than the fussy ” perfection ” that needs babysitting . As Sonny Puzikas said ” there are two two types of rifles , the biker b*tch or the prom queen ” . Considering that the American insurgent or freedom fighter will not have the logistical support or other niceties that military people enjoy out in the field , the biker b*tch is the only common sense choice for the conditions they /we will face . So in a true SHTF world , the AK or older American weapons are a better choice than the trendy over complicated tactical tommy BS weapons . on a day to day basis . Just Sayin …………are there better things out there than the AK , the SKS , the M-14 , the FAL ? YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ……………but when you are in the crap and grime of survival , few will serve you better , and not complain about the conditions they find themselves in .the fussy ” perfection ” that needs babysitting . Also , the Russians do put out very high tech weapons as well as the dirt simple ones , the AN 94 for example , its both gas and recoil operated , sending two bullets downrange , with a single impulse of the trigger . Increasing the chance of hitting the target by 1 1/2 times standard .That was supposed to replace the AK platform for the russian army , but is too expensive to produce in the quantity they need .

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.