Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

“U.S. equities fell deep into negative territory Monday on worries about a potential Greece exit from the eurozone and plunging euro.”

It looks like the Euro is taking a hit today. Now we have Europe getting hit, Russia collapsing, Japan in deep trouble. Will we be next or another country go first? All I can say is we are getting closer.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2015/01/05/us-equity-futures-dip-on-european-uncertainty/

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I suspect one of the weaker eurozone countries like Italy or Spain may be the next to go. Also as the world economies slow down, China will take a hit on their economy.

I’m amazed at the people giddy over the low price of gasoline. We are just beginning to see the rumbling of oil wells being shutdown because at the present price level for a barrel of oil, it costs more to pull the oil out of the ground than they can sell it for.

The world economy is getting closer to the cliff. It will be interesting see where we stand after the first quarter.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Dow Jones Industrial average shed 324 points today, WOW! Big on.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, it was a bad day for sure, but after the massive run ups these past couple years based on hype and the “greater fool theory”, I expect we’ll see worse in the not too distant future.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes MB we will see the dominoes coming down one by one. This is the beginning. I have been saying it for a long time that we will see many other countries collapse first before The U. S. collapses.

Frozenthunderbolt
    Frozenthunderbolt
    Survivalist
    member4

Greece is about to tip again.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes Greece is close to a collapse, so is Japan, Russia and parts of Europe.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Bah, Lithuania will save the Euro.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The dollar is getting stronger. There’s muzzie terror in Paris. Prices of apts in Nyc are up and up. And the bigger fools want to come here?? The world is going crazy.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

What will happen is a dominoes affect were the rest of the world will start collapsing and at the end the U. S. will collapse. All investors are moving there monies to the U. S. They are investing in real properties like condos and commercial properties. They know that when the collapse happens all over the world even they properties here will go down but that in the end the U. S. will have the capabilities to restate easier and better then many other counties.

This may happen or may not happen depends what type of government we get after the collapse. Who knows but these investors see the U. S. as a better bet.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Is Chicago or Manhatten any safer than Paris or London. I wouldn’t invest money or buy real estate in any of those places. Given the demise of the white middle class factory worker who has hit retirement age in the US, we have no restart capability. The warmer parts of the country are filling up again but when the services collapse from crime and race war those heat birds will be so out of luck. It will take a new generation to recover from the bubbles busting. The free money game of the federal government has proven to be incredibly stupid. They say it has ended but these guys lie on a daily basis. The wolf of Wall St is going to discover the party is over. The dingy twenty teens are here. Pumping isn’t a solution, its a game of fire and ice.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Brulen, I tend to agree that the investment in high priced real estate in any of the major cities will prove to be a bad investment come an economic meltdown, or any of a number of terrorist events. Just living in urban/suburban areas, whether you are rich or not, is not going to work out so well in the long run either.

In my opinion the only good real estate investment long term is land with adequate water resources in whatever form that takes.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well guys I am not saying this is a good investment or not but here in Miami the Condo builds are selling out before they are built and the buyers are buying all cash no loans. The developers can’t build them fast enough. They are paying high prices for land to build these condos. 99% are all from other countries. There is very little buyers from here and why would I buy all cash and a condo.

So what I think is happening is the Europeans, Russians, South Americans, Canadians are investing there cash here because they believe the collapse will be world wide and maybe the U. S. properties will hold some value compared to there countries property values.

Look at the Russians, I have a friend here which is Russian and he told me that he was glade he invested almost all his money in properties here in Miami since the Ruble went down more then 50%.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Freedom, there is no doubt but that the world’s elite see the US as the last safe haven for their wealth, and that they see property as a safer bet than stock markets or banks. It doesn’t mean that they are right, but it certainly is what they are thinking.

I am hoping to buy another 10 acres immediately adjacent to my property. I’m just waiting for the owner to be ready to sell it. It is an excellent parcel currently in use as a sheep pasture and hayfield. It won’t be cheap because it would make a great house lot. There is another 11 acre parcel for sale across the road from that one which is mostly wetlands but with a nice river flowing through it that had a water powered grist mill in colonial days. The price is low for that one because nobody can see the potential value in it other than a nothing special house lot on the couple dry acres it does have. I’m thinking if it had a water powered mill once it can have one again, though not until post-TEOTWAWKI because it would never pass muster with current environmental regs. There is no demand for house lots these days though, which is to my benefit price-wise. There’s only been one new home built in this town in the 5 years I’ve been here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.