Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Beach
    Bruce Beach
    Survivalist
    rprepper

When it comes to actual survival experiences, there is no one that I know of that has had more than Selco – but I want to tell you about a real one, that I am here alive today to tell you about, because of a different response that I made, than was made in Waco Texas by David Koresh.

I often refer to Ark Two as Waco North because we have been raided far more times, dozens of more times than was Waco, Texas. We had four BIG raids when the raiders came with eleven emergency vehicles, one time with two command posts, body armor, automatic weapons, K-9, rocket launchers, and over 40 personnel on the large raids. The raids were executed with military precision. One time, the CBC showed up coincidentally at the same time (for a previously scheduled interview) and the raid ended up on national TV.

BUT – in all these I was never shot – and obviously never killed. I don’t put this all down to the kinder, gentler nature of Canadian raids – but rather because I was cooperative.I tell people that if ever a raid occurs, even in the middle of the winter, and the raiders are outside the door yelling for me to come out, I will say, “Wait a minute”, strip off all my clothes before I step through – so that they can never say they shot me because they were concerned that I had a concealed weapon.

Many reading this may, in their philosophy, be disgusted with me and this approach, but I am alive and David is dead.

Peace and love,
    Bruce

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Stripping down to your skin — A sensible action and one I’ll admit hadn’t thought of. The idea is to survive, and that must have improved your chances.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

I want to thank you for this post. It is now something we will be adding to our in home bugin list!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Bruce can you tell us more about the raids? Why were you guys raided? Because you were considered “crazy survivalists” or because they suspected illegal weapons?

How did the whole raid go down? I think a lot of people who are in more organized prepper groups would benefit from hearing those details.

Thanks for your valuable advice.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Bruce,
    I would love to know more about what happened as well.
    Your advice about stripping down is priceless and something I will implement should I find myself in a similar situation.
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Hannah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.