Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

‘Venezuela in Turmoil for Lack of Flour, Milk, Diapers’ – see how its happening there

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, Here in Miami, Florida the streets all full of cars with there windows saying SOS Venezuela.Some of the information that is not told to the American public in the news media is that the Cuban Government is in the Venezuelan Government. The Cuban Government is getting a lot of petro for free. So the Cuban Government is really the ones in control of Venezuela.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

And if the cubans are there so are the Russians.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974t150v YES! The Cubans and the Russians are the ones that really control everything in Venezuela.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Makes sense that they would, Venezuela is a big oil producer. Moving in on the control of oil production & distribution

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

We are so very fortunate to live in the US despite all of our many problems. Even years ago Venezuela had so many problems and was so corrupt. Beautiful country, but I cringed every time I had to go down there. But Cartagena was worse. Freedom are there still a large number of Columbians in Miami? Anyway, I feel badly for the people in Venezuela.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, Miami has changed. When I came from Cuba as a little boy it was only American’s and some Cuban’s. This was for years that way. The first Cubans were the business people that put up businesses in Miami fast, my father came in 1961 and by 1965 he was a licensee as a Electrical Contractor and in 1969 he purchased a home in the City of Coral Gables.

So what I am getting to is that the Cubans that came in 1961 to 1965 were the business people that built big business here which is one of the reasons that Miami became an International City. Many of the Americans in the Miami area have helped and partnered with these Cuban-American business men and women. There are many Cuban-American business women, they credit America for there women freedoms and have open up. My wife and my sister are two very good business women.

All of this has made Miami an easier place for the Latin-American’s to come here with there monies and buy properties here, but now it is the Europeans and the Canadians coming in and buying properties left and right. So did the Russians in the Miami Beach area. So the landscape has changed.

Sometimes for the better and sometimes not so good.

So the Venezuelan Business people have invested 100’s of millions in properties here and so has the Columbians.

The problems with corrupt in all Latin-American Countries and even Cuba at the time of 1956 is the reason why they Dictators can take control because the promise the poor free housing and food and the poor do not see the part of the Dictator and lost of freedom. The poor do not care, to them the corrupt government before is the same as a Dictator but they think wow the Dictator is going to give us food and housing.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

The situation in Venezuela is a situation that will come to developed countries sooner or later as well. The demonstrators are demanding better security, an end to goods shortages and protected freedom of speech. Pretty similar to what the demonstrators of the Arab Spring wanted.

The leaders in charge in Venezuela try to blame other countries for the problems. Pointing to the US for plotting to destabilize the government. That’s also a typical move to shift the blame. I understand why you guys in the US hold onto your guns and I also understand why the government wants to take them…

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Yes, Miami attracts a lot of money from Latin America. I think the Cuban-Americans, you are right, made Miami. Unfortunately I last was there when the Haitian and Nicaraguan refugees were coming and the drug trade was so bad. The ships I managed had lots of problems at the time from so many stow-away refugees – especially from Nicaragua. To get the ships in and out of Venezuela or Columbia we had to stock the ships with lots of extra liquor and cigarettes. Without them, the ships could sit waiting to anchor or for a pilot to board to leave for days and days until you paid the bribes. Big business down there. But, that was another life

Jay I am always surprised to talk to someone who is very strongly anti-gun. I did not grow up in a house that had any guns, so I was ‘afraid’ of them. In fact, if any of my friends parents had guns where I grew up I didn’t know it. So, in a way I can see some people’s inner ‘fear of the unknown’ – it is not in their base reference. But, all they have to do is read international news, I think to myself, and wonder how they can not see that our right to bear arms is something we should be grateful for – whether you own a gun or not.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for firearm ownership, I’m a gunsmith, my livelihood depends on it, but ownership means nothing without a willingness to use them.

We have three boxes available to us here in the US.
    The soap box, stand up and call for change.
    The ballot box, vote for change.
    and the Csrtridge Box.

I regret that the last may soon be needed.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, The ballot box has been with voter fraud, sad to say so you are right!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

I do believe there is becoming a definite and growing collective will building to use arms in this country to bring about change. My fear is that the discrimination of the general public does not have the best track record lately of picking appropriate leaders to follow. My fear is that some smooth talker, that is charismatic, but is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and is of ill intent will incite people to arms – and set a match to that tinder sooner than later. The qualities of character, discernment and well-contemplated thought processes seen in many of our founders are fairly absent these days it seems.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Even with all those strict gun rules, there were two massive school shootings in Germany for example. 16 people got killed in Erfurt and another 16 in Winnenden.

Those who want to do something bad, can get their hands on guns. All those gun accidents, where kids accidently shoot themselves or others, are really tragic though. It would be great if there would be better screening to make sure people who own guns store them securely and use them properly.

Given what most governments pull off in recent years it is obvious they want to make sure they stay in power and that’s why they try to take guns from people. In the end, a completely peaceful world would be the best (but that isnt going to happen), a world in which the power is balanced and therefore stable is the second best and a world in which one entity such as the government has all power is pretty bad.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Looking only at the numbers (which are sketchy) 110,000,000 to 55,000,000 gun owners. It only takes a small percentage of those numbers to be a formidable force.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

tweva, In our words, to make it easier to understand is you and I do not want a revolution that ends up with a smooth talker like Fidel Castro as a leader in the U. S. A. I agree that a revolution may bring a bad leader. Or maybe a military leader! Military Dictatorship which has happened in many Countries.

I am always think of all that may happen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.