Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

A friend forwarded this story. An example of living with food supply issues.

Venezuela: How long does it take to buy 8 basic goods? BBC News

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I don’t think the folks in US cities will stay as calm as the folks in the video.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

In Venezuela the police beat you and put you in jail for non-cooperation. The people don’t have guns. In the US I would expect Ferguson style cooperation.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Its Venezuela, its normal, everyone is used to it.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74 is right, no way to fight the government there. The people have no guns, if you talk back they take you to jail and you may get lost in jail to never be found just the same as Cuba has been doing to anyone that talks back at the government for the last 53 years. I have a family member that is now in the U. S. that spent 23 years in jail for being against the political system and talking about it.

He’s stories are incredible. He has told me that they would talk his cloth off and hose him down with cold water for months and feed him only bread and water. If you see him take his shirt off he has many ribs sticking out since they were broken and left without any doctor to help him. He has many knife scares from the guards cutting him.

The people outside know this and are scared to talk back. No guns to fight back. This is the plan.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Another example why so many of us cherish our freedom and the prosperity that we enjoy for now. Video reminded me of the gas shortage in the 70’s. People hated it, but there was nothing to do but wait in line so you could get to work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.