Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

From time to time one of us will likely disappear for a couple days at a time. But this thread is a warning thread for letting your friends know when you may be gone from here for longer times.

Example: I will likely disappear from here between the end of june to late Aug for days or even weeks on end. Due to being off grid for most of the time.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Great idea, Gypsy! This is my bad, too – I have been busy with spring gardening, and the computer is mostly an afterthought these days (heh unless I’m inexplicably up late on a Saturday night). I do see the forum emailings, though, and keep track with my reading there when I have a bit of time. So much great info, keep it coming – and I will be back around soon (PS hellos to all the new people in the past couple of weeks… you’ve found a great place!).

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Good idea. I even wrote Anika, because I thought she had login issues like some other people had :D

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m heading out 1st thing in the morning down to NC to see the grand babies and won’t be online for a week (not taking the laptop and my cell phone fatally locked up a few days ago….even a hard rest didn’t work so waiting for a replacement). Try to keep the world from going completely haywire this week if you can. It will be much appreciated.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I was wondering how everyone was getting along without me. Lol. Work has been crazy. I have driven nearly about 10k miles in the past month and a half to 2 months. Anyway will be gone again for next 10 days to a family reunion. Might introduce a few family members to this site though. Be safe all.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

In a bit we’ll be heading down to NC to see the granddaughters for their birthdays. I love visiting them and look forward to it and at the same time hate being so far from home. Being further away than I have gas to get home always catches my attention. My place is the family bug out location.

This trip I will have my new ipad though which will make it easier keeping up with the news. I like that.

Time to start loading the car……

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Safe trip!

Cry, "Treason!"

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Thanks. Stopped in PA for the night. Love having this iPad.

It felt great to see grass growing down here, spring flowers in bloom, and trees starting to bud out. There is life after winter!

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Thanks. Stopped in PA for the night. Love having this iPad.

It felt great to see grass growing down here, spring flowers in bloom, and trees starting to bud out. There is life after winter!

iPad with cellular also has the gps. With the app you can see exactly where you are and do topo maps.
    Lucky you it’s looks like it will hit freezing in ny tonight. You drive thru my area you can see a lot of brown rhodies. There’s a line about 2 feet high the snow mark and then the winter weather got them from there up.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

We had a frost at home this morning with forecast having frost almost every night for the next week. No frost where I’m going though. My Rhodies got beat up badly this winter too. Broken branches from snow coming off the metal roof all at once and windburn on everything that stuck out above the snow. Some other shrubs had bark eaten by hungry animals. It was a hard winter on wildlife.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

MB … April 28, 2002 in Maryland an F5 tornado at La Plata. Interesting that at the moment there is also an eruption of the Calbuco volcano in Chili going on.

Traveling can be so much fun. LoL Good timing for a big quake somewhere, if not a tsunami.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The sun is shining. Spring has arrived. All is well in the little bubble I have hidden in. No SHTF in my alternate universe. No volcanoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, or tornadoes on the interstate today. I’m thinking positive. No construction or traffic jams either. Maybe no radar even. A little sushine and greenery can bring out the optimist in a guy.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Sitting on a mountain side in the Black Hills. Got momentary reception.
    A good shakedown run for the glamping gear aka preps.

If nothing else, a really nice time away from everything.
    See you all next week.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Enjoying wonderful sunny day with my son. Mount Bachelor is visible from afar.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Glad you guys are enjoying your vacations.

I’ve been absent from here for a bit. Just too much going on of late, some planned, some not, some fun stuff, some work. And the over booked schedule will continue for another week or two. I do have a question for folks here and will start a thread shortly posing it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.