Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>tweva wrote:</div>Geez Louise…one ugly, huge monster. How would you even move the carcass around? Unh. Hope they never make it around my way.

Well, if I didn’t have an actual crane to lift that thing, I would hook a chain to it, drag it over to the nearest really big oak tree with my truck and then use a block and tackle to hoist it up so we could gut it. Easiest thing to do would be to quarter it right there on the spot, probably laying on one of those big blue plastic tarps you get at Wallyworld. Use the truck’s winch to roll him over…

After that, bag the good bits, chuck them in the truck bed, take the tusks for a trophy and leave the rest for the buzzards and crows…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

And mom told me there was no such thing as monsters………I knew she was wrong. Lol

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Look like wonderful 7.62x54R target material!

Robin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Wow is that a hog? or a bear? It is the size of a bear.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I would have to be really hungry to eat anything off a hog that big. Its got to have strong flavor.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Hogzilla

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogzilla

And bigger yet

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/05/26/alabama-boy-kills-1051-pound-monster-pig-bigger-than-hogzilla/

These are a combination of domestic and feral bloodlines, according to the DNA testing.

Eating something that big, no thanks.

Gonna be more than a little rank.

I’ll stick with those that weigh just a couple hundred pounds. Something that big, I’m thinking of a frontloader to dig a hole big enough to roll it into and put a couple of bags of quicklime on top.

Post-SHTF, I’ll be calling the neighbors to come get what they want, free.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The 100 to 150 lbs are the ones to eat after that the meat is not as good.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirli you could put up a secondary perimeter fence and keep him as a guard pig post shtf. Just imagine the look on an intruders face when he sees the sign on the fence”Beware of Pig.” Then he jumps the fence and proceeds only to meet Hogzilla. I can see the total shock and confusion hahaha.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Matt,

You need really good fences to keep an animal like that from breaking through. 5 strands of barbed wire wont do it.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I don’t think there’s a whole lot of fences that hog even noticed.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

One thing that really works sounds silly: Hog oiler! Those ******* have sensitive skin. One of the reasons you will find “rubbings” on telephone/electricity poles. Some rubbings I have around here are about 5 ft tall.

Take some old, used cooking oil. Go to where you want the hogs to go. Pour that oil on a bunch of trees in that area. Keeps this up and the hogs will not come back to your place.

Robin

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.