Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS So you do not want to do something now about North Korea before they have the Nuclear weapon? You know they WILL use it on us for sure! So lets see if we hit them now. China understands this now.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

It’s not either/or with me, Freedom (either we “hit” them, or we don’t). The problem is, HOW to hit them, and with what. I think we wasted too much time already – both with them and with Iran. But now we’re in a position where there will have to be masterful staffing by some of the very best political AND military minds. And I don’t pretend to have “the” solution. I don’t trust anything I read in the “news,” but sometimes there are hints at reality there as well. So, I’m hopeful that there really are some very interesting, behind-the-scenes things going on with all sorts of actors, not the least of which is China.

And though the evidence does not seem good with respect to Putin and Russia, I also have to wonder just a little bit if at least some of the supposed posturing we’re seeing (Bear bombers off the Alaska coast, troops along borders in Europe, etc.), are also arranged events to make it LOOK one way, so that some of the next moves will actually seem to come out of nowhere to the bad guys. I’m certain that I don’t know what’s really going on in Syria, for example – did Assad REALLY use chemicals on his people this time? How about past times? Or is this all for public show as a distraction for some very uncomfortable candid camera moments for some seemingly unrelated bad actors (i.e. “when you least expect it” moments for people like Lil Kim, Isis, maybe even Turkey)?

I have no idea. I just know that what we see is not always what we get. Heck – I just very recently read some declassified stuff about some very secret stuff that happened around the Cuban missile crisis that has been completely unknown until recently. We are only told pieces of things at the time, and sometimes not even told the truth at all. And sometimes – JUST sometimes – things turn out for better when we least expect it, and the solution is presented as having been rather simple (when it was anything but that!). So no – I’m not at all against taking care of business once and for all with Lil Kim and those closely surrounding him, so that we don’t just get Lil Kim v2.0 as a result. It just seems clear that “merely” taking out his nuclear site, for example, is NOT the answer – the retaliation there on the peninsula (toward the South) would be overwhelming. This is a very complicated mess, with hidden and very sensitive trip wires all over the place. And neither you nor I are likely to come up with “the” solution, even if we agree “it” needs to happen yesterday.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS I see where you are coming from but I try to see with my eyes open. For one did you see the images of the
    Russian bombers off the Alaska coast, they are old propeller bombers, ours are jets. It looks like they are in the 1940’s. Question is how good are the Russian weapons? Are there nuclear that direct target as the ones we have? I do not think so and they know it.

The Chinese have newer weapons but they have not been tested like all the weapons we have. We have tested. Our weapons work and they know this. They are not sure if there weapons will work. That is the different, we have been at war for over 10 years now testing all our weapons they have not. We are ready they are not.

Example, any and all games, baseball, basketball, football, if you want to win you need to practice, practice, practice. Use all the game plans and know what works and what doesn’t. We know and they do not. Big game winner and any game you play including war.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Freedom,

Every so often the russkies send those planes our way. It’s always the antiques. Not that they’re any less lethal, but why waste a steak knife when a butter knife will do?

Something happens to them? No big loss, and likely the pilot really annoyed someone with some juice.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Well, I edited this merely to add a link for an article, and it disappeared entirely, as if it had never been here. Now it says, when I try to repost it that it’s a duplicate. I logged out, closed my browser, logged back in, and we’ll see if this makes it up (a copy/paste of the original – something I’m learning to do whenever I edit on this site now days).
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Freedom, the B-52 is our workhorse bomber, capable of a rather heavy payload. The Bear bomber is roughly their equivalent. Is one superior to the other? Heck if I know – I just know they BOTH flew for the first time in 1952, which is before or very near to the time you were born. We haven’t retired the B-52 yet, and still use it frequently.

Nuclear testing? China started doing it in the mid-60s and continued through 1996. Tests ranged from underground, to towers, to air-dropped, to missile-delivered. Reportedly, the U.S. quit testing five years earlier (1991).

Technology? The Chinese have apparently had successes with MIRVs (multiple independently-targeted re-entry vehicles), up to 10 warheads on a single ICBM. Before that, US military officials believed China had perhaps 250 nukes in their arsenal. Since the 10-MIRV missile launch, they’re reassessing the total number China may actually have (upwards). http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/defence/china-tests-missile-with-10-nuclear-warheads-report/articleshow/56932870.cms

Russia/Soviet Union? They only discontinued above-ground testing the year before the U.S. discontinued, but not before lighting off the most massive nuclear device in history – more than 50 megatons! They also have MIRV capability.

I’m not arguing who’s more capable – I suspect we are. But personally, I don’t care if we’re more capable if even 1% of another nation’s weapons happen to make it through our defenses. Like I said above, “Shall we play a game?” I’m leaving it up to the top experts and strategists to figure out how to take out Lil Kim and the Iranian leaders WITHOUT triggering something that creates its own chain reaction (pun intended). Do I trust all those experts and strategists? No on MY life! But they’re the best option I see. China and Russia may be technologically inferior (not to mention other countries), but they aren’t non-operational by any stretch of the imagination. I’m merely saying we’ve been put in a situation by multiple previous administrations to the point that we’re now at or extremely close to a decision point with mandatory action – and the answers ain’t easy, because the consequences even (or perhaps especially) from Lil Kim are potentially unacceptable.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, What I am saying is that China and Russia have not used weapons of war like we have so testing the weapons in war tells you if they work and how they work. It is just like owning a gun and putting it in the closet and the other guy going to the range and shooting it once a week. The guy that goes to the range will always win. You need to practice with the weapons and the U. S. is tops in that department. Our bombs have been used in Afghanistan, Iraq and in many places with our drones. They also hit on target which Russia and China say they have but have never tested in real war.

I do agree that war is war and many things can go wrong but that is why I put my life on the side that has tested there weapons. Russia and China may find out that there weapons do not work so fine or that the U. S. can hack there weapons just like some are saying happen with the last test in North Korea were the missile blew up.

There will be a test real soon with North Korea so we all need to be ready for North Korea hack or EMP by way of satellite which they have two and we do not know if one has a small nuclear bomb for an EMP over the U. S. We may know were they are and hit them at the same time we hit North Korea.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

With all due respect , you dont have to use your weapons in a “Real” war to know how they work or in what situation is best to use them . We have many weapons that have never been tested in real conflicts . There are many reasons for this , some are too destructive , others are of a secretive nature , and open testing for the world to take note of , is undesirable . Rest assured , Russia and China know very well , what they have , and the best way to deliver them ……………..as we do . As usual , you can have all the toys in the world , but if your leadership is incompetent , they do you no good . Unfortunately , we have not known total victory sense 1945 . This is because of politics and poor leadership ,and the longer that kind of doctrine continues , the more vulnerable we become . Why ? Because the generals have never known victory outside a text book , or have any real experience of winning , outside theory . Good news is , at this point , either does Russia and China . Everything is theory at this point , if the real thing were to take place , there are going to be plenty of rude surprises to go around on all sides . Its how fast the other can adapt that may make the difference .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik your post has many truth and facts. The U. S. has tested many weapons but not all. The great point you made is that the U. S., Russia or China have not won any wars in many years and if war happens with North Korea there are many questions to be answered. Will China get into the war? Will Russia sit there and not get into the war. Will the South Korea want to take over the North? And will Japan get into the war? Many questions.

But I believe this war will happen this time around.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

There is a third option to be considered . If N Korea jumps the gun , and fires on US military forces , China could condemn the action . By doing so , help us get rid of lil Kim , that would do two things for them . Number one , by providing assistance , they would get rid of Kim who is uncontrollable at this point . Giving them legitimate say in who is installed in his place ( and on their boarder ) . Lastly , by publicly condemning hostile action , they save face and look good on the world political stage . Win / win for them , even if they invade shortly after , using an attack on us as an excuse . If they did it that way , they could pull a ” Stalin ” , and install the puppet of their choice before they pull back to their own boarder . The Chinese dont like the little dwarf , he has been steadily getting to be a bigger , and bigger pain in their ass than they admit .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, Or Trump made a deal with the Chinese. This is why the Chinese are on the border so when we hit North Korea the Chinese go in and take it over since they do not want South Korea next to China. Even tho the Chinese are not a great partner with us they are better then the North Koreans. What do you think?

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Tolik, why would N Korea jump the gun and fire on US military forces? “N Korea” is Lil Kim, personally, until and unless some of his generals nut up together, and take him out. For his part, Kimee has been not merely evil, but given the sharks he routinely swims with, remarkably adept at staying on his throne. His, and his pappy’s (and grandpappy’s) stated great communist dreams have been (1) unifying all of Korea under communist rule, and (2) “paying back” Japan for their attack and occupation, until the end of WWII, in the attempt to create the “Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere,” by military conquest. What stands in the way of his dreams? We do.

Attacking our military forces currently in the area would be more challenge to a duel, than coup de grâce. That wouldn’t serve Kim’s purposes, and despite his clownish appearance, I think he’s smart enough to realize that he’d eventually lose such a well-telegraphed fight. His big chance, if any, is to string us along, getting us to dismiss him for his clownishness, until he eventually acquires thermonuclear weapons, and a reliable means to deliver them at the necessary altitude and timing, to decisively knock out our (still wide open) electrical grid with an EMP strike. That would effectively remove us from his path. And if the Chinese thought it likely that he’d succeed, they’d probably stand aside, albeit, carefully guarding their border.

Mopping up and rebuilding the fallen uSA would put China in control of what remained … at an eventual profit.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

LT, the problem with the generals is that they’ve already seen Lil Kim’s uncle killed off, possibly even Lil Kim’s wife, and certainly a whole heck of a lot of generals and other government ministers. The paranoia level HAS to be profound in a system like that. Nobody would dare even respond to a whispered “what if” suggestion by someone else, for fear that it was really a way of finding out who the would-be traitors are.

On top of that, there’s something there that I don’t even pretend to understand – it’s what seems to be a sort of special reverence for the Kim family, much like the Aaronic priesthood was passed down to the sons from the fathers, and NObody else could officiate in certain ordinances of the temple unless they were of Aaron’s lineage. The Koreans, in a way I certainly don’t understand, have seemingly deified their ruling family – and who comes next after Lil Kim (unless the Chinese install and enforce the next leader)?

By the way – back to untested weapons, there is a bunker-buster bomb designed primarily for the Korean and Iranian nuclear programs that would supposedly make the MOAB look like an M-80 (GBU-57A/B Massive Ordnance Penetrator – MOP). At least that’s what they say, anyway – whoever “they” is/are.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Freedom, I thought you might be interested in this little piece of information. It raises an entirely new bit of conjecture that has to be factored into dealing with Lil Kim and Company. I had no idea that so-called “super-EMP” devices could be so very small in “yield.” I was under the mistaken impression that a nuclear detonation over the center of the US would have to be a relatively high yield device. It turns out that’s not at all the case. Something in the range of only 10 KILOtons, not megatons, is all that’s needed to create a super-EMP yield. And that’s exactly the “tiny” size weapons the NORKoms have been testing. Read on:

In fact, however, these experts may be way off base. The yield of an EMP explosion is lower. The North Korean bomb capability that was tested may therefore well be that of a super-EMP.

Neutron bombs, or Enhanced Radiation Weapons such as Super-EMP weapons, are essentially very low yield H-Bombs. They typically have yields of 1-10 kilotons, exactly like North Korea’s device. Indeed, because of their very low yield, all four North Korean nuclear tests look like Super-EMP weapons.

A Super-EMP weapon is designed to produce special effects (gamma rays, in the case of Super-EMP). A Super-EMP warhead, while having a seemingly insignificant explosive yield, could be far more deadly and dangerous to the United States than the most powerful H-Bomb ever built.

So the NORKoms may have bypassed testing everything that led up to what the US, Russia, China, and others have developed, and started straight out of the box with the EMP concept, recognizing they only needed to get ONE of those lil’ beauties up over the US in order to effectively wipe us out entirely. No, we wouldn’t all die instantly from the gamma radiation, but we’d suddenly be living in the early 1800s without the knowledge (generally) to sustain ourselves as a society. And there’s no question that the evil elements in society, which are far more common today than in the 19th century, would quickly do what they do best – create even more mayhem out of mayhem.

The entire article is an interesting read, to say the least, in addition to its source – an organization of which I’d previously unaware. But their cast of characters is exceptionally interesting – both in terms of who they ARE (predominantly), and who they are not (predominantly). Suffice it to say, their surnames don’t generally resemble either your ancestors, or mine.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7214/electro-magnetic-pulse-emp

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.