Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Oops! I missed this — hat tip: Survivalblog
    Where Will You Go When North Korean Agents Release Biological Weapons In Major U.S. Cities?

Not entirely impossible, is it? It’s starting to look like the legendary encounter between the porcupine and the skunk, each crossing the same narrow log over the canyon, at the same time, from opposite ends.

Let’s hope the cities are prepared, and the counterspies have located the Nork agents.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Even if we were successful in taking out Lil’ Kim, there’s an underlying problem. In ways we simply don’t understand, the North Koreans see the ruling family as something apparently almost akin to gods, and therefore one of them HAS to be the ruler. With Lil’ Kim’s ½ brother and his uncle (daddy’s brother) both assassinated, is anybody left? There would be additional chaos above and beyond what would normally ensue with the assassination of a nation’s leader. The brain washing has been multi-generational, and we are basically incapable of even pretending to think like they do. In different ways, it’s very much the same as understanding the Middle Eastern Arab mentality, as well as Persians (Iranians – who you don’t DARE accuse of being Arabs or “camel drivers”). Their thinking simply does not equate to what is so very normal for us in the west that we don’t even consider that there are alternative forms of logic – we just say they’re crazy and attribute it to that. And of course, they look at us and think the same things.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS, It all depends on South Korea taking over. Just like what happen in Germany.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

LT,
    I just queried a good friend with plenty of military bio-warfare knowledge. Here’s what I got back (fairly edited in order to give nothing away about who this is to those that watch). With his background and experience, I suspect we can count heavily on this. Very interesting.

But the Bio weapons are not nearly as easy to use as chemical, and we know just how hard those are to use successfully. We found that most Bio weapons just disappear into the atmosphere if not released properly. Unless they are used in an enclosed environment (subway would be a true disaster) the wind will scatter them quickly. And if the sun comes out, most of the water based aerosol droplets evaporate and the entrained bio agents are no longer very effective. Has to do with particle size and what stays in the lungs and what is exhausted or goes into the stomach where acids destroy all agents. The Japanese cult Aum Shin Ryko (sp) tried to release Anthrax that they made from the top of a building in densely populated Tokyo and there were no injuries at all. That was when they later resorted to sarin gas in a subway.
    Bio isn’t something I worry about now, other than smallpox. Most bio agents are not self propagating and so aren’t truly contagious from one person to another. But smallpox is, along with the hemmoraghic agents. Those are too complicated for most nations to develop and put into a usable release method, but smallpox isn’t. They didn’t have any a few decades ago when only the US and the USSR had samples. But that was decades ago and there’s no telling who the Soviets gave some of those samples too. And they had produced about 50 TONS of smallpox agent as part of their weaponizing campaign back in the late 70s and can not even determine where it is all stored. One of Yeltzin’s famous quotes to Bush, SR after he took over at the helm of Russia was that they had this weaponized, but even he as president didn’t know where it all was. So that one does scare me.
    So keep up with your reserves, and keep a weather eye out on conditions in NK. But I wouldn’t sweat it that much. If I lived in DC, NYC, LA, or ATL, I might think twice.

At least that’s a LITTLE better outlook. Let’s just hope they haven’t figured out a way to really get the hemorrhagic diseases going to the degree that they can store it, import it, and deploy it. That WOULD shut things down quickly. Even though he’s not current, my friend’s knowledge is such that he’s not too worried about that though. Those of us outside cities, particularly large ones, are relatively safe from these nightmare scenarios, apparently – but as my friend said, keep up with our prepping! And don’t forget about an EMP. North Korea (or perhaps others) could quite possibly be only a relatively short time away from being able to lob a single device to a point about 250 miles over the central U.S., at which time the entire U.S. enters the time machine and goes back to the early 1800s – without the collective knowledge to live back then.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

GS, It all depends on South Korea taking over. Just like what happen in Germany.

Freedom, South Korea would likely be reduced to rubble within hours if war breaks out. There’s so much fire power aimed at the south, just across the DMZ, that it’s unlikely South Korea would be much more than a shadow of what it is now.

Remember that when the wall came down, West Germany had rebuilt and was thriving. And it was a severe economic AND cultural blow to absorb the residents of the former East Germany. They’ve lived far too long under the so-called Communists, didn’t understand capitalism, and were highly dependent on the government for what little they got (the Cloward-Piven strategy hadn’t been articulated as well as Cloward and Piven did in the late 60s, but it was certainly understood and EMPLOYED systematically over the decades since 1848 when Karl and friend(s) published the manifesto. All social and political order had to be eliminated – and a pretty decent job of that was accomplished while Moscow reigned and Western Europe was rebuilt. Lil’ Kim has already put his people in a position to be totally unable to understand western democracy and live under it, even if South Korea was in a position to try to rescue the North. They’ll be too devastated for any good thing to come out, certainly during the lifetime of many of us here. Just my 2¢.

GS

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Thanks,GS. I’m a little more relieved about the possibility of Nork bioweapons, but all along, I’ve believed that they (and others) would choose an EMP attack as the opening salvo. Not exactly easy, but not impossible, either. They have and intermediate-range rockets that could loft the bombs to the necessary altitude, provided they could fire them from close enough, and they’re working on thermonuclear weapons that could create the necessary pulse(s),.

With all eyes on them now, they probably couldn’t sneak container ships in close enough, at least not directly. But they do trade with some other nations, to some extent. Might not their containers get put in temporary storage abroad, eventually repainted, relabeled, and shipped out by neutral, even unsuspecting, carriers? Let’s hope our clandestine services have people in the right places. Even when ports were actually checking foreign cargo for radioactive material, they didn’t get it all, and the practice has been stopped, so I hear, Meanwhile, CONgress resists hardening the grid at least as steadfastly as they resist repealing Zerocare, or building a border wall.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 4 days, 8 hours ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Meanwhile, CONgress resists hardening the grid at least as steadfastly as they resist repealing Zerocare, or building a border wall.

Sadly, an electrical engineer friend of mine who works for a major electric utility told me that the cost to try to protect the grid from a major EMP is prohibitive. He agrees that it would be 1800s, but they just don’t see a means of adequately doing it. And storing a large number of the huge transformers necessary would be out of the question as well. Separately, I learned a couple of years or so ago that those big transformers weren’t even being made in the U.S. anyway. However, supposedly some company was finally going to start them up in the U.S. at least. Still, transporting those things, and all the other equipment necessary to rebuild the grid, would be nigh unto impossible since virtually everything electronic would have been wiped out anyway – construction equipment, test equipment, communications equipment, you name it. China isn’t that stupid, nor the dreaded RUSSIANS ;-) , but Lil Kim could just possibly pull that off. And I’m not sure Iran would worry too much about the U.S. economy instantly tanking. It’s all very hypothetical, but I don’t see a lot of good outcomes if we’re hit with an EMP, especially.

On the plus side, without going into detail that at least at the time was classified, I got a chance to tour some facilities at Wright Patterson AFB between my junior and senior years in college. We got provisional secret clearances, and some of the things we saw we could not have explained to us fully because we didn’t have top secret clearance. But I think we were told more than they probably should have. It was a curious college student’s dream, in any case. We toured both the laser lab, as well as getting some briefings on satellite imaging. I’ll just say that the resolution they could get on satellite imagery back in the very late 1960s was stunning, at the time. These days, the stories about reading license plates or doing facial recognition at an angle from space do not seem far fetched at all. I’ll leave that at that. As for the laser technology, we were also told about some of the laser weapons being worked on at the time, and what the expectations were for the future – with a fair amount of specificity. Given what we accomplished way back in the late 1950s at the Skunk Works with Kelly Johnson, and actually flying a YF-12 by 1963 (basically the early version of the SR-71), I would not be terribly surprised at almost anything we might have in inventory that most of Congress may not even have a clue about. I’m hopeful that in reality we can take out an incoming ballistic missile with laser technology, and would not be at all surprised if we’re far more protected than we care to let on. But just the same, I remember how the Air Force ordered a large number of production F-12s for Air Defense Command back in the early 60s, but that [sarc/ON] forward looking patriot [sarc/OFF] Robert McNamara cancelled the entire order. So how badly the gummint has screwed up our march forward technologically, is anybody’s guess.

It still comes down to two truisms: death and taxes. We’re assured of both. :-)

GS

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

the resolution they could get on satellite imagery back in the very late 1960s was stunning, at the time. These days, the stories about reading license plates or doing facial recognition at an angle from space do not seem far fetched at all.

I recall while waiting my turn in the barber’s chair, during JFK’s presidency, reading an article in Esquire Magazine about the quality of photographic lenses available for satellite imagery. A Japanese 1,000 mm lens for 35 mm cameras was said to be refined enough that if somehow the atmospheric imperfections could be removed, the lens would resolve tightly enough to enable reading a typical newspaper headline in Washington, D. C., from New York City. I don’t suppose they’ve gotten worse since then.

Cry, "Treason!"

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Recently went to a luncheon with a local group.

They had a speaker who had just retired and moved to town.

Literally a satellite engineer.
    Boring as usual, right up until he started speaking about what some of our satellite are able to do.
    When he mentioned being able to read what is being typed on a laptop by the electronic signature through a 35 floor building, I stopped worrying about what I type, they aren’t going to be wasting satellite time on me.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Google absorbs pretty much everything I type so what difference does it make. The professor with his black mask and bicycle chain lock weapon in Berkley is the real threat. But he probably only rates a drone. Instead of getting a new 90k f350 I’m beginning to think I ought to invest the money in watching my neighbors. Thermal infrared optics high tech listening hover platform. A helium balloon with maneuverability. Imagine the possibilities. And it’s legal.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Speaking of what they can read on your computer just using “electronic signatures,” if you really want an eye-opener, install “Lightbeam” software on your computer. Apparently it only works on Firefox browser, but if that’s what you use it’s quite worth installing – it’s free (though passive) privacy software. But knowledge is also power – It will show you who’s been seeing you. Within the past hour, I cleared it out completely so it showed zero internet connections. Since that time, I checked precious metals and the other markets, read a couple of quick news stories that linked from Google News, and came here – nothing at all out of the ordinary (except maybe for here). Including the SHTF site, I’ve visited 9 sites in less than an hour. And through those 9 sites, I’ve connected to 170 third-party sites in under an hour. The vast majority of them are tracking sites for advertising purposes, or …. (?)

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/mozillas-lightbeam-tool-will-expose-who-is-looking-over-your-shoulder-on-the-web-8902269.html

It is utterly amazing to the uninitiated (i.e. naive) internet user as to who’s watching, why, and how. Internet and privacy are mutually incompatible. Period. Even a VPN is no guarantee. (I certainly do wish that Selco, Toby, and crew, would at least use a secure web hosting company, though…. Anybody here foolishly using the same password they use anywhere else?)

GS

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Here’s an interesting take on the current state of world affairs:

The March to World War III

(hat tip: SurvivalBlog.com)

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 2 days, 19 hours ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I do not think that this article has much facts. For example read,

“The general public in the West assumes the United States is a lone super power and therefore can act unilaterally without serious consequence. The thought that US forces might be defeated by the communist nations is dismissed as absurd. Unfortunately, this confidence in American military supremacy is no longer based upon reality, and rather now relies upon hubris alone. The belief that the US remains the world’s lone superpower is seriously misplaced as the balance of military power has shifted dramatically over the last fifteen years only no one bothered to inform the American public. The US no longer holds a clear upper hand in today’s conventional or nuclear battlefield.”

Well can anyone here show me where there is an example of China or Russia having better weapons? I have seen our weapons used over and over but China copy cat weapons have not been used and may not even work and for Russia all I see are old weapons. Question: will the Russian nuclear force even hit the cities? Are they so old that we can hit them before they get here? And what about China? unproved weapons.

China’s military has not been in a war for how long? PLEASE this is all talk.

Russia is the only one that has used some of it’s weapons but there weapons are not at our level. I just have not been shown the proof or facts that the US no longer hold a clear upper hand.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Russia is the only one that has used some of it’s weapons but there weapons are not at our level. I just have not been shown the proof or facts that the US no longer hold a clear upper hand.

I’m reminded of the 1983 movie, “War Games.”

“Shall we play a game?”

Or the alternate question might be, do you really want to find out if you’re right?

Both Russia and China have proven that they can create large nuclear weapons, and for some strange (or maybe not) reason, American generals don’t seem too dismissive of either the China or Russia threat.

Never forget that only one actor (won’t matter who does it), one single time, needs to get a nuclear warhead about 250 miles up over the center of the U.S., detonate it, and we’re instantly in the early 1800s. Except in THIS century, we’ve got well over 300 million people who know nothing about day-to-day survival.

I’ll repeat the key question again: “Shall we play a game?”

GS

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

That fire power is old!!! What fire power, man power PLEASE we can destroy that. The old wars do not work today.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.