Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

One of the things I have with me at all times is the Army 5 quart collapsable canteen , this was invented for Vietnam and , was in use until the 1990’s . Then the Army switched to the camelback . This is basically a bladder with a good cover on it . It can be easily attached to a pack or placed inside , the same way you would a camelback , however they are very inexpensive and versitile . 5 quarts ( roughly 5 liters ) is a good amount of water , especially if you stumble onto a source that you may not be able to come back to . I have two of them , one made in the Vietnam era , and one 1990’s issue , the 1990 issue had a cap that leaked , an easy fix for this , is to get a garden hose gasket , and push it up into the cap ……….no leaks after that .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Ghost Prime
    Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

Tolik, Interesting as I have not heard of them. The camelbacks are great but they are indeed expensive.  I will definitely find some of these. Thanks!

For God, Family, Country, & Liberty!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

IF anybody gets one of these , here is how you fold it up , easier for you to watch a vid , than try to explain it .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.