Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well I got a Urinary Tract Infection yesterday at 4:00 am with the burning feeling and pain so this is why I have not post much.

I want to talk about this because in a SHTF times we maybe in big trouble if this happens. I am on Ciprofloxacin 500mg for 7 days. I am starting to feel a little better. The doctor also gave me Phenazopyridine 200mg which it relieves the pain, burning and urgency.

I when to Walgreens to get the to medicine I saw that the sell the Phenazopyridine 95mg over the counter so this is something that we all need to have. Doctor also said to take ibuprofen every 4 hours.

So we need to have all of this in a SHTF, the one we will have a hard time getting is Ciprofloxacin but if you look hard for it online you will find it for sale.

You do not want to have a Urinary Tract Infection in a SHTF and not have these meds. I believe with bad water, some older foods and bad sanitation there will be a lot of Urinary Tract Infections.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Just as they call the flu the old man’s friend in that it takes them quickly, urinary track infections is a more common cause of death for elderly women than most realize. Even with meds, their bodies can’t fight it. Cranberry juice is one of the old cures. In addition to just loving anything with cranberries, I planted a patch of cranberry bushes last autumn so as to create my own med supply. You can also buy cranberry supplements in the vitamin section of pharmacies. I have some of that set aside as well as a bunch of cranberry juice. Fresh cranberries freeze well too and I’ve always got a couple pounds set aside that we make cranberry sauce with.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Colloidal Silver.
    Drink plenty of water, and the aforementioned cranberry.

I’ll let you know if anything else comes to mind…

Oh, wear a condom next time :P
    (JK)
    Really, wear one… LOL

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

PS: (:D)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of tukie2
    tukie2
    Survivalist
    member3

Baking soda/water, Cranberry juice, Blue berries, Pineapple, up to 5,000 units of Vitamin C , lots and lots of water. All these will help with UTI symptoms. Baking soda helps neutralize the PH and will assist in healing, the Pineapple is actually very good because of the Bromelide. Also excellent for respiratory infections, sinus and cold and flu mixed with ginger.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.