Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I found my HK and AK fit into those bags used for folding chairs. Doesn’t look perfect but it hides it in a common looking object.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Osage, more solid advice!
    I did exactly that and have a backpack from Walmart.
    I’ll be wearing my everyday clothes. I don’t really see the need for any tactical or camo nonsense unless I’m on a suicide mission.
    Unfortunately, fitting in for me will be an issue because I’m a white girl. It’s an issue everyday here. This is not a race thing; I’m not racist. But the South still is, on both sides.
    Avoidance will be the key to preserving my life and getting home safely. Avoiding everyone, the gangbangers, rednecks, totally lost hipsters, looters from all sides, etc.
    Everyone wants what you have.
    Avoidance is key.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Osagemarine, I have the long barrel Imbel. I have updated it some. I will see if I can post an image tomorrow so you can see it. Since I updated it looks so nice, and bad! I purchased it in 1995 or 1996.

Here is the image,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Long barrel Imbel?
    My interest is peaked.

photo 100_5501_zps39de785a.jpg

Rebuilt Rhodesian FAL, paint job in the process.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, The image is posted of my Imbel.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hanna,
    Race is an issue in every city in the USA, in some aspects we seem more divided now than we were in the 60’s.
    If you do not want to not be seen camo or natural colors is important. Shades of grey and light browns are excellent for regular clothing. Look at the coloring of whitetail deer, they blend into the environment with very little cover. Have something with you for this purpose. Travel at night and buy some night vision equipment. just sayin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hannah & 1974t150v, This is my view, all races has bad people and good people so in a SHTF you need to study each person.

So there are good ones and bad ones.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Freedom, I agree completely.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, nice! The main barrel are the same, my back end is not the same. I added the rail on top and front end so it did look like yours before. So the rails for the scope which I need to purchase is not easy to add but the front rails for the handle and red laser is easy to add. This rifle is one strong rifle.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, Here is some more images of the rails I added for the scope and the front rail for a light and laser.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Get Home Bag – Full as hell or would you cache some items?
    My Get Home Bag is three days of food/water and various other items. I wanted the essentials but did not want a 50lb alice bag.
    If you lived a good ways from where you work would you cache items in a place midways between the two?
    Since I am retired that is not a concern for me.

Robin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Robin, A three day bag is good. To much would weight 40 to 50lbs which would be hard on the body.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I like the premis of the original article and the authors thought process. This issue is an important aspect most of us might be required to contend with in the future.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I agree. The original article is very pertinent. When I am going somewhere further than local I try to make sure I have some basics with me in addition to the full backpacks that are always there. For example I had to go down to Massachusetts this afternoon for a meeting….a coat and tie type meeting, so in addition to the usual stuff I threw in a pair of sneakers to change into and a regular jacket. That would come in handy for something as simple as a flat tire let alone a true SHTF event. I’m not going to get very far wearing dress shoes. It s very long distance trips such as when I go to North Carolina that are tougher to plan for because being 850 miles from home would make for a truly epic journey in good times.

A very simple thing that many forget is just to keep the gas tank full. My truck has a 36 gallon tank and thus has a pretty good range but many times I’ll fill it up even if it is still 3/4’s full just because at that moment in time I can.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

The concepts in Toby’s Every Day Carry Foundation Concepts go along with this thread very nicely. I’ve gone back and reviewed that article several times since it first came out almost 3 months ago, particularly after getting the cover for my truck bed (which gives me far greater flexibility in what I can just stow and “forget” (updating, checking, recharging, etc., not withstanding). And it also gave me more options as to what I can now include without having to cram stuff in between back seat passengers – now I can just carry it all in the locked (and almost completely dry) truck bed.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.