Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Here is a link on another web site dealing with this topic , sorry Selco , but it has some very good information if you were to find yourself in that situation . I liked it so much and thought the detailed info was so important , that I copied it into a .pdf for future reading .

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/how-to-survive-being-homeless/

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

No need to be sorry, we are all here for good info Tolik.
    Thanks.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Selco has been a guest on SHTF Plan and it was a great article!
    I’d like to find that here for the comments.

Selco, old buddy??? :D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

wow

I can tell you the reasons the Govt is spending more on Homeless Prevention than on homelessness itself, and that is MONEY
    The bank$ter$ stand to lose more of their “toilet paper fiat trash cash” if you lose your home, so they will use taxpayer money to prop up borderline folks. It’s cheaper than losing you as a mortgage payer. More expensive to pull someone up out of the pit than to try and keep them out.

Shows just how fuggered up our system really is.

I had a good friend who was pretty hard up, had a wife, 2 kids and a really old car, old rent house with bare floors and walls, and a minimum wage job for all of them. He was not homeless, but close to it. He had some poor ways, but it was a good example to me of how to make it on next to nothing. Pales in comparison to the stories above…

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of Still Waters
    Still Waters
    Medic
    member2

Hi Aukxsona,

First, I’m so sorry for what you had to go through. I know there are no good options for minors who are homeless.

A low-barrier shelter is one which doesn’t put a lot of conditions on you staying there. It’s a philosophy of sorts.

For example, a low-barrier shelter won’t have a bunch of arbitrary requirements. Some shelters require that in order to stay there you can’t ever drink alcohol. A low-barrier shelter will say that you don’t have to be sober to stay there, but if you’re a jerk to anybody else you’ll be bounced whether you’re sober or drunk.

I know a lot of shelters require absolutely ridiculous crap from people staying there, as if you give up all personal freedoms and rights. A low-barrier shelter understands that you’re an adult. While you’ll have a personalized recovery plan that you’ll have to comply with, it will always be based on your own goals and the steps you agreed to complete, not some “I know better than you what you need” bull.

auribus teneo lupum

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.