Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello folks!
    Just some quick update, because I was pretty silent here for some time.
    I am still here just being busy on another things, still into survival.

We are making something bit different and will try to move away in order to grow stronger, and of course for those who followed me here for long time-there is gonna be place there too.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Does this mean the SHTF Forum here will shut down (but with an alternative once the different things are in place)?

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Survivalist

Can someone brief to me what’s been going on? I haven’t heard of any changes since I’ve first joined

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

No clue.
    Last time this happened, the “free” forum was opened up and the forum on the old “One Year in Hell” course was basically forgotten.

We shall see.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Survivalist

Does this mean we’re moving to a new forum or platform?

I tried making a new thread on the General Discussion and it didn’t show up

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Profile photo of Mike Mike.
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Let me guess, you edited your post?

There are a couple of threads about disappearing posts in the help section.
    Don’t panic.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Mike, Whirlibird is correct, and I suspect the same thing. I’ll bet you posted something, then tried to do even a small edit, and particularly maybe a 2nd edit. That will often wipe out a post altogether. It’s a glitch in the board software. My experience is that I can get away with a first edit if I spot a typo or something, but not a 2nd one – particularly in the same day.

L Tecolote came up with what appears to be a good work-around. Start an edited post with a top line as follows, followed by a blank line, then the original post edited as desired, like this:

EDITED from original:

(followed by the edited message)

If I remember correctly, without looking for it, I think that was how he did it.

As for your question, Selco is very busy with a lot of “irons in the fire” so to speak. He apparently isn’t able to monitor this Forum on a very frequent basis. But trust him – he’ll come up with a very appropriate answer (and solution) once he’s able. He’s provided an outstanding service here, for all the right reasons. I don’t expect we’ll be abandoned, and I also believe we’ll be fully informed when the time comes. Toby also works behind the scenes with him (and I suspect others), and they are a great team. This forum is only a small part of what they provide for those that are willing to learn.

In the meantime, don’t make the mistake of neglecting the many, many old threads and posts that exist in all kinds of topics here. This is a gold mine. I only wish the “tags” system worked as it should (at least I’ve never figured out how to on this particular board software that they use – if someone’s figured that out, please inform!). Again, welcome Mike.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.