Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Speaking of draining the swamp, the new, improved EPA is now in the process of unwinding the Waters of the United States rules! Got a backyard puddle or swamp? THAT swamp is now YOURS again! I’ll bet a certain family out near Whirlibird is both ecstatic about the ruling, but also frustrated that it took this long after all of what they had to go through.

http://www.wdaz.com/news/agriculture/4294506-epa-officially-withdraws-wotus-rule

Say what you will about The Donald (and I’ve got plenty of my own to say about him as an individual), he and his appointees are doing what he said he was coming to do. I just hope (and pray) he gets a chance to spend 8 years successfully doing it. I’m highly disappointed at a few things he’s done, but we’ll never have the perfect president and will have to take the good with the bad. There’s more good coming out of this administration than we’ve seen in a long, long time.

Thank you Mr. President. Keep it up. The United States is in the process of becoming great(er) again.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

As someone who has a pond, a couple streams, a few swampy areas, and a couple spots that will accumulate water under the right conditions, I am glad to see some common sense being restored. I mow/weed whack right to the water’s edge for my pond because it is in my yard proper. I leave everything else as nature chooses it to be. Here in the soggy northeast there is water everywhere and trying to regulate every puddle is overkill to a significant degree.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

MB, the private citizen’s “overkill” is the bureaucrat’s job security, and the would-be ruler’s path to greater power. And there are still a lot of water moccasins and alligators who aren’t ready to yield the swamp just yet.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Fortunately in this State (and probably all the other Northeast States) where there is water everywhere the regulators hadn’t been focusing on the small stuff that anyone with some acreage has such as I noted for my own property. It would bankrupt the State if they did. I think it has been the arid West that they have targeted.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

MB, remember though, this has been the Feddies (using UN logic and “law”) that have been going after people’s water for the most part. Oh sure, there have been a few places that did other weird stuff like banning collection of rainwater off roofs, for example on a state-by-state basis, but that big case out west that we discussed here on the Forum for a while was the Feds. And thankfully the President is trying to unwind at least some of that mess. I just watched an interview the other day with Jonathan Turley, the legal scholar, who lamented that there are those attempting to criminalize virtually everything. But heck – it’s all just part of destroying the social and political order. That’s what it’s all about – setting up for the ultimate total control. Keep chippin’ and drainin’ Mr. President!

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I am glad to see the Republicans have a new plan. Cancel the august recess until the third week and hopefully beyond to get things done. Work those boneless democraps until they get so tired they will do anytHing to escape. Even shut down the government.

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

[T]here are those attempting to criminalize virtually everything.

Yes, there are. What, after all, is a license? It’s government-issued permission to do what would otherwise be illegal. America may never get quite down to the power-seeker’s wet-dream level of, “Everything not forbidden is mandatory; everything not mandatory is forbidden,” because that makes it so clear, that even dummies can’t miss the threat. But the power-mad will always get as close as they can (as we allow) to so control ordinary and necessary behavior, that one would need their permission to survive without breaking the law. It’s who they are. It’s also what the Constitutional Republic was (despite its minor flaws) was intentionally founded to oppose and prevent.

Trump’s attempts to “drain the swamp,” however tenuous and halting, are the first good news along that line since Reagan.

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

LTeco….Twenty years of computer terror from every alphabet agency devised by the nwo statists and deep orwellians.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Make Communists afraid again .

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

tolik…

Trump wants to forget Russia. He has to many psycho enemies in WelfareLand America. They all want handouts. Fear really rules the U-S. who’s going to get the “cut”. It’s coming and theres not a thing the demorats can do about it.

Trump will Trump them. Guaranteed.

L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Brulen, sooner or later, it’s cut the freebies, or kite the currency, or some mix of both! No matter how they split it, it ain’t gonna be fun … or nice. Remember what happened when Germany had to make up for the costs of war and welfare just a little over a century ago. D’ya s’pose the great-grandchildren of the guys who loaned them the printing press currency to “get even” would refuse to loan Uncle Scam all the monetized electrons it would take to “get even?”

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.