Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

This is one of the best clips explaining technological unemployment and I believe everyone should watch it.

Big groups of people become obsolete in the future. If you still have some more decades to work how do you prepare for that? What are your thoughts on this?

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of ArcticSurvivor
    ArcticSurvivor
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Very interesting video. Makes me wonder if governments will use robots to enforce martial law and fight wars.
    -Arcticsurvivor

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

There has always been displacement due to technology improvements. What is perhaps different is that the pace of change is accelerating.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Yep and that this time there isnt a shift to different forms of employment. Low skilled people simply get replaced and thats the end of it. That’s why many people propose an unconditional basic income for everyone as a solution. This still wouldnt solve the problem that some parts of the society reproduce much faster than others.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

It’s a very disturbing video to me and I’ll be showing elsewhere, but I don’t know what to say about it. From my Bible-believing position I don’t see the elite eugenicists actually succeeding in their plans of depopulating the bulk of human kind because prophecy doesn’t describe that sort of world. I know many don’t buy into this belief but I’m saying where my position is.

Having said that I don’t doubt that the elitists will try to do great harm using the new technologies. But I doubt they are interested in giving a life sustaining handout to the greater part of the population for the rest of their lives; that is money going out with no return, so they can’t continue to get rich off our backs. They will instead try to get rid of us, but they will be thwarted for a while yet before the restrainer is taken out of their way.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I think the hate and negative feelings towards “useless” humans will increase a lot in the future. I doubt we get to the point that something like eugenics or depopulation policies become acceptable.

But why not let a virus like Ebola that mostly affects the poor be around a bit longer… there might be some more “elegant” solutions that do not require the elite to be obviously the bad guys.

While I do not support anything that involves killing groups of people actively or passively at some point in the very near future the problem of population growth has to be addressed in some way.

Maybe with one child policies or children tax for extra children. Right now the current system supports families who have plenty of children. Some people even see this as a career to cash in on more government handouts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.