Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The homes in the video are not designed specifically for prepping, and the main structure isn’t even intended as a habitat. I post this so people can see the potential possibilities and so this mans art and effort can be appreciated.

Artist Ra Paulette

http://www.dailyliked.net/cave-digging-artist/

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Wow! I would love one, but the harsh reality of finances and a wife who would say no way to living under ground, stop me.

I would thing as a bug out retreat they would present some interesting possibilities. Would have to solve problems of water supply and ingress and egress points. You definitely would want to make sure there is a back door.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Truly works of art. That he could envision what each space will become and then make it happen is amazing.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I did that for over 25 years , except that it was supposed to look exactly like the surrounding rock , this meant a lot of hand carve . Easy to do mechanically speaking , and in some cases we grafted onto the natural rock . When we were done , you couldnt tell the difference between the two , and couldnt tell it had not always been there . Best thing to do for a hide out , is get some land right up against a mountain , then excavate the living area , sort of like a split level home , then drill your steel directly into the surrounding rock . After the structure coat dries , finish out the inside work . Then shoot your outside finish coat in steps ( as you will need to hand carve and blend , you dont want the cement setting up too fast ) combination of latex press pad made from the surrounding rock , and hand carve detail textures . Let dry , paint , OH ! almost forgot , the cement should be integral colored to the natural rock ! , toss some plant litter on it to the same degree as the surrounding rock , if its slightly dirty , then you need to dust with dirt also . Your done ! You wouldnt know you were on a survival bunker if you were standing on it . Its all in the details , nature will do the other 50% . Anybody can do the structure , but you do need to have a person with strong sculptural skills to blend it correctly . I did it for 25 years , got sick of the traveling and instability of the industry , and changed careers . The cool thing is , a good many of the exhibits I did all over the country are still being seen by people every day . I know most of the tricks of the trade , making fake things look real . I have the know how , just not the money , or I would have done it for myself . Not just rock work either , trees , coral substraight , the whole nine yards , unfortunately , it does take a bit of money for the materials to do it right .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.