Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Stories like this are popping up regularly..shots fired and mayhem. When one must travel in cities best be ready with your SHTF game face. I just renewed my Utah concealed carry permit online (sweet!). I don’t get back east much and Utah carry permit good in over couple dozen states. Taking a look at my EDC and go-bags today.

U.S. Capitol locked down after shots fired

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/11/us/u-s-capitol-shooting/index.html

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m wondering if there will be a long hot Ferguson type summer due to ‘Bams, Holder, and Sharpton’s ongoing efforts to inflame the urban underclass having finally reached critical mass.

Profile photo of sek3ch
    sek3ch
    Survivalist
    member1

I believe it was Selcos advice to watch what goes on in your own backyard and be less concerns of “National Events”. Well, yesterday was the funeral of a man shot by police in N.Charleston that made national news. The funeral was held no more than a five minute walk from my house. I praise God these people were Christian and absolutely did not want the national attention of the “race-baiters” we have seen in Ferguson fomenting hate and mob riot mentality. The funeral went down quiet enough despite the satellite clad vans’ occupants (reporters) out front..
    Washington is looking for a case like this to inflict maximum pain on race relations- why, you may ask(?), Remember the words, “Never let a crisis go to waste”.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

All food for thought. Yes best to be aware of social issues locally and nationally that may impact you. We enjoy traveling hence keep an eye on what’s going on in our own ‘backyard’ and abroad.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

sek3ch, I heard a report that the family in N. Charleston told Sharpton they didn’t want him at the funeral.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Excellent clearheaded decision on their parts…

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

+1 “Excellent clearheaded decision on their parts…”

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I find it profoundly sad that such a young man thought his personal protest was worth his life.

Warning: Rant to follow which is not directed to you namelus or anyone else here, but rather to society at large. My apologies if I offend anyone but today is April 15th of IRS fame and I’m not happy with what I have paid.

It has become very fashionable to point to the so called 1% as not paying their fair share, and certainly there are some at the very top of the heap who don’t pay much as a result of loopholes that only apply to them. Try to change the rules and they’ll either find ways around it or they’ll leave the US and pay nothing at all. Look at how many of the wealthiest people in France left the country when they tried increasing the tax rate last year. The folks on the left that scream loudly and often about the 1% know this but they don’t care because its not really the 1% they’re after. Its the top 5% or 10% who for the most part typically don’t have the kinds of loopholes the 1% use.

The stats change a bit year to year but the top 1% does pay about 38% of all income taxes. The top 5% pays about 59%, the top 10% about 70%. Run of the mill upper middle class people are in the top 10%. Personally I fail to see how 10% of the population paying 70% of the taxes even remotely comes close to their not paying their fair share, yet that’s all we ever hear. Meanwhile the bottom 50% pay 3% of the total and the left screams about how the poor carry too much of the burden.

My retirement at the end of 2013 triggered several taxable cashing out type transactions in 2014 & 2015 that could not be sheltered via rollovers into an IRA or otherwise delayed so as to at least smooth it out over a longer period in lower tax brackets. This included capital gains on the sale of company stock bought long ago, a non-qualified supplemental pension account that had to be taken in a lump sum and treated as taxable income (vs qualified plans that can be rolled over into IRA’s), and at the same time paying me in full for the first year in exchange for helping them with the transition and a complicated special project that only I knew how to do certain parts of. Between Federal & State income taxes. FICA taxes, the Medicare Surcharge Tax for high incomes, Capital Gains Taxes, and the Alternative Minimum Tax, I will have paid about 50% of my income last year and again this year. My patience has worn thin with those who say I should be paying more. If 50% isn’t enough, just what do they think is fair? What were they (the ones who say I should be paying more) doing for those decades that I was working 50 – 60 hours a week and was tethered to a cell phone and laptop nights/weekends/vacations in case work needed me? What were they doing when I was scrubbing pots in a corporate cafeteria starting a couple days after I turned 15 and then working non-stop at any job I could get to put myself through college? What were they doing when after working all day I then drove another hour each way to go to grad school to get my MBA? Yet to the social justice warriors the financial rewards I earned from my lifetime of sacrifices really don’t belong to me, that I should just gladly hand over an even larger share to those who didn’t make even a fraction of the effort I did.

End of rant. And it truly is sad that this young man died this way.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB, It’s ok and probably good that you feel this way. Of course you know how much they think is fair, all of it. All your income and all your assets. I’m extremely bothered by the dishonesty of our political class whenever they say people don’t pay enough and need to sacrifice for the good of others.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

there are two problems with taxation one you need a tax lawyer to get the best results , 2 most people cant afford one nor know enough about tax code to properly fill out the form.

easiest way look at some of the gubberment people paying 15-20% make it a flat tax. only ones who will pay more are those who pay less not and that is not 99% of the people.

when you say they will leave… sure just tax their income before it leave your country taxation by both if you make it there and citizenship.. will solve that problem. only thing they can do i give up citizenship and not pay taxes to the country they dont make the money in fair enough to me. make shareholder loans taxable, until you can prove not income.

the only thing we need to do is to get rid of current monetary system it is killing us all.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I think a flat sales tax with no exceptions would be the smartest way to go. Yes it would be harder on the poor but the current system gives the poor no incentive at all to not demand more and more govt. services no matter the cost. If everyone had skin in the game we’d like see a higher % of the population voting and we’d see them voting for less govt. If there were not any exceptions the rate would not likely be very high. Anything purchased be it TV’s, food, clothing, cars, houses would be included. Purchasing services of any kind be it plumbing, mowing the lawn, medical, or getting your hair done would be included. A simple sales tax of this nature would not need the massive IRS bureaucracy to administer it nor even tax returns filed by consumers.

The reality is that this could never happen of course because special interest groups and politicians would start carving out endless exceptions so as to render it meaningless and with a very high tax rate for the few taxable items left on the list.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.