Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

U.S. attorney general bans asset seizure by local police

http://news.yahoo.com/u-attorney-general-bans-asset-seizure-local-police-195542428.html

Well maybe there is some good news here, I just have a hard time believing them.

“State and local police in the United States will no longer be able to use federal laws to justify seizing property without evidence of a crime, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Friday. “

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I guess he must have a lot of cash to move.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think the police were stopping a lot of left wing Dems with cash in there cars too!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This will in fact free up the movement of drug money and any other gotten in ill gains. I’m sure there is a hidden agenda.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

The fed gov just doesn’t like competition. I’m guessing there is going to be some terror law executive ordered in and everyone is going to be labeled a terrorist. The feds don’t want local authorities to try and take a cut out of the booty they confiscate from ” terrorists”

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well matt76 I think they label all conservatives terrorist right!

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Right and a majority of the money makers and productive business people are conservatives. Can’t justify anymore tax hikes…..hmmmm lets go pillage.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Given Holder’s history it is best to be suspicious of what his goal is, but it is still a good thing if the seizure programs are throttled back. Nobody should have assets seized without having been convicted of a crime for which seizure is part of the penalty. Maybe his change of heart is simply that too many of “his people” were having this happen. Maybe the issue is the drug cartels he was shipping guns to in “Fast & Furious” complained.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

They want to make sure they get their cut.
    No legal niceties, it is that simple

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird you maybe right but they will not get as much without local police working for them.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

When DEA was used for asset forfeiture, the .gov got 20%, the locals 80. And that’s just for filing the paperwork federally.

The local cops realistically saw nothing from the seizure, it all goes into either the general fund or must be used for specific items such as drug interdiction materials/gear. And it could only be spent for that purpose.

They want it all, not just a fifth.
    It is that simple.

Look at it this way, local Sheriffs dept raids a stash house for illegals.
    Inside they find cash as well as drugs and the illegals.
    Before they could seize the house, the cash and deport the illegals.
    Now under this, the feds don’t deport the illegals, they keep all the money and the house is ignored.

At least before, the seized assets could be put to use locally rather than sent off to be squandered.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

OK so that is what they are doing! I had a feeling Holder was up to no good.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, Holder’s history is anything but honorable to date and so we will have to wait and see what his real game is here. All that he has done is say that local police can’t do seizures using Federal laws. Most States have their own seizure laws and so it is possible that it will be business as usual at the local level. It’ll depend upon under what conditions State laws allow seizures. Time will tell. In-between time I will try to be optimistic that this is a step in the right direction.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

matt76 wrote:
    The fed gov just doesn’t like competition. I’m guessing there is going to be some terror law executive ordered in and everyone is going to be labeled a terrorist. The feds don’t want local authorities to try and take a cut out of the booty they confiscate from ” terrorists”

BINGO!!!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, is right on that the Fed’s want it all to control it. They will label everyone a terrorist that doesn’t like the Fed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.