Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tsar Alexander
    Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

Well, I suppose I might as well begin now the work of expanding my knowledge base, and in this case, I have many questions I could ask.

I first thought I would ask though, when it comes to America, we can all agree that it will collapse at some point, but my question is, what type of collapse?

I will list my personal categories of “collapse” that range in severity. I think the United States will be a fusion of all the collapses listed below.

British Empire “Collapse”
    Large empire loses massive amounts of foreign political power, allowing it to be coerced by other nations, and leaving some citizens behind in the former empire. Otherwise however, life continues on more or less normal in the homeland. This is the least severe type of collapse, and it more directly affects politicians than average people.

Soviet style collapse
    A state burdened with ideological rigidity, a declining economy, ethnic/racial tensions, and massive amounts of government corruptions ends up running itself into the ground, oftentimes because of ill thought out attempts to reform the system. The state in question breaks up into much smaller pieces, and the standard of living, along with foreign power, declines dramatically. Many wars occur around the edges, including some full blown civil war in parts of the former nation.

Yugoslav collapse
    Declining economy, corruption in the government, demagogic politicians, and a changing global situation cause a highly diverse country to fracture along religious and ethnic lines. This type of collapse is especially violent because unlike the USSR type collapse, the boundaries are not clear at all, making warfare of some kind almost inevitable. Massive amounts of suffering are produced.

Roman collapse
    Political ineptitude coupled with outright moral and spiritual decline produces a degenerate population that is incapable of maintaining modern civilization. The society totally implodes to the point the entire culture collapses. This is likely the most severe type of the human collapses, since an entire civilization basically dies, and a whole new culture has to be formed.

Dinosaur collapse

Natural disaster wipes out some population of something. ‘Nuff said.

What do you all think?

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Its a pretty neat looking list of collapses, and yes a couple different ones up there I can see.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tsar, America’s collapse will have some parts of the ones you listed, but they maybe a civil war. If we do have a civil war it will be something that we have never seen before. There will be gangs, criminals that will be on no ones side. There will be a hard time knowing who is good and who is bad.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Have a look at Rhodesia and what happened after it became Zimbabwe.

Slow grinding collapse.
    Speeding up as it goes along.

Argentina also comes to mind.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

It depends really on what really puts us over the edge as to what “style” of collapse will happen (it’ll be a mixture mostly, and really depends on location).

Some things to consider are if it’d be some all out war with Russia or China, an EMP or CME event, a worldwide pandemic, economic collapse, a rapid increase or decrease in global temperatures, meteor impact, I could really go on and on.

But with all those there are many similarities. Some may cause chaos within MINUTES, or others could be days, even weeks before things start to get bad.

As an aside, it’s kind of strange though, to look at where we are now, knowing full well that this will someday (most likely) be in a history book, and the generations down the line will ask WHY we go to where we are right now, and why we didn’t try harder to change things or fix things. Messes with your mind, man haha

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The two I think are an EMP and Economic Collapse. The Economic Collapse is going to happen. The debt is just to big. The math doesn’t add up!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

” Obama is either an idiot , or he is purposefully trying to destroy the US economy ”
    Vladimir Putin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, You are right! Economic Collapse is coming, it will happen slowly but once we start seeing interest rates going up then that will increase the National Debt at a faster rate.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Economic collapse I see very shortly. The spirit underlying the u.s. itself however, Imho, is still very strong. To me Zar, pointless to speculate the minutia…believing ‘something’ is going to happen shud be enuf..to change, bcome more self-reliant..more free. Imho don’t get trapped/waylaid by the small things like yr post…pointless to me…for all..isn’t end result for individuals the same.? No one is GOD, knows alll..never will happen
    . Believe big change is gonna happen and proceed.. sooner than later!

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

” Obama is either an idiot , or he is purposefully trying to destroy the US economy ” Vladimir Putin

Did he really say that? Oh wow!

I see this whole thing unfolding like this *(unlike some major war or disaster comes before). I mostly speak about the US because I think things will be happening there first. Other places like Spain for example that face similar problems when it comes to their economy for example wont go down before the US I think.

US keeps sliding into an economic collapse. The gap between rich and poor keeps getting bigger. More jobs become obsolete / get outsourced. The cultural and ethnic differences keep growing. In times of hardship people look for people like themselves. More internal tensions. Riots, civil unrest. No idea how the government reacts… (if they react badly this could amplify the collapse by A LOT!) no idea how the collapse proceeds from there.

Meanwhile similar things happen in other more developed countries all over the world. The economy will suffer a lot. People will try to get away from the crime ridden cities. On the countryside some more local economies are established.

So overall I think it will resemble a lot the Yugoslav collapse, just without the people in power pushing hate and violence. It will come from other groups and simply poor and desperate people who are tired of being pushed around.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay, The collapse of the U. S. will take the World into a collapse that the world has not seen ever. That is the problem.

bushrat
    bushrat
    Survivalist
    member4

That has got to be one of the most interesting list of possible scenarios I have ever seen. But I believe the possibility of an economic collapse is greater than ever before. Even the Great Depression was small compared to what I believe we will see in the days ahead. Even if we have a civil war before that happened, I believe the war, as well as, the present moral degradation of this nation, will only precipitate the coming economic collapse.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

bushrat, I am not sure which way it will happen but economic collapse first and civil war or civil war and then economic collapse. But it will happen because the numbers don’t lie!

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

If countries can go insane I think the US has gone insane. There must be something in the water or air. Or its an unknown virus that short circuits the brain. Its spreading like wildfire. Some people get it immediately and others it takes years. I used to know a girl who developed Alzheimer’s at 50. She died 8 years later. I have relatives at 60 who can’t think situations thru anymore. They sound normal but are going going gone. There is a social collapse happening in the US, absolutely. One can only hope the younger generations will be immune or better understand it.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Economic collapse is already happening in lot of the countries all over the world, yes it is slow, and may be not so visible everywhere, but it is there.
    Since everything is so connected in today world no country can be spared from that results, if economic collapse happen in US it simply must affect all other parts of the world, OK some countries and economies can last longer, but everyone will feel that.

Do not underestimate will of powerful people to keep their power, some scenarios are different but some things in that scenarios are common, fight for resources, finding “guilty” people for what is happening etc.

At the end there are gonna be bunch of people fighting for resources and power, and that is it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.