Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

It looks like the sun is still active with two X-class flares. They are not direct hits so that is good news for us. They are also not the stronger X flare that would hit the electric grid if they were a direct hit. But it does tell us that the Sun is active.

Below is from http://www.ips.gov.au/

“Two X-class flares occurred on 10-Jun, both from the same region and within a short time of each other. The first produced a small CME and the second a larger faster one that swamped the first. Model runs differ in their predictions, but there is a chance that Earth will receive a glancing blow from the combined effects of these CMEs on 13-Jun, possibly resulting in active geomagnetic conditions at high latitudes. Until then, geomagnetic activity is expected to be quiet and HF communications conditions normal, though with short-wave fadeouts likely due to continuing moderate to high solar activity. ”

Also read what http://spaceweather.com/ has to say about these X- flares and the Sun spots. Space Weather is saying that there maybe more coming are way.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Wow! We will see on Friday.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Friday is the 13th which is kind of fitting for flirting with disaster.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of Broadside
    Broadside
    Survivalist
    member3

This is my source to go to for all of my CME concerns. Click the playlist icon and choose the 3rd listing for the current x-class solar flaring.

It’s an easy 5 min daily vice with pretty pictures. But be careful, it’s a time sink.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I’ve been looking for a mylar umbrella. Looks like I may have to make my own.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.