Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

SHTF events are often compounded by catastrophic events in commercial aviation. We keep a plan on the back burner when traveling. Travel with a kit that will help in an emergency away from home.

‘TSA Issues Secret Warning on ‘Catastrophic’ Threat to Aviation’

http://www.oodaloop.com/osint/homelandsecurity/2015/02/26/tsa-issues-secret-warning-on-catastrophic-threat-to-aviation/

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Thank chester, found the information interesting.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I am fortunate that I don’t have to fly anymore but for those here that do, a lesson I learned via a couple of my siblings on 9/11 is to act quickly on getting a car rental if you are suddenly stranded. Also have your meds with you. One of my brothers flew out of Baltimore on 9/11 heading to Nevada for a business meeting with the plan being he’d fly home that evening. He wasn’t prepared to stay over. When they ordered all planes to land, he put down in Denver and literally got the last rental car available at the airport and then scrambled to find a hotel room that also were suddenly in short supply. He has an A-Fib problem that requires medication and he had to scramble to get his prescription faxed to him and then it was an hours long search to find a pharmacy that could fill it, it not being a common medication. If the flight ban was any longer he was going to drive back to MD with the rental. My sister happened to be in Denver too for a work conference and found herself stranded without a rental and no way of getting back home to OH until flights resumed and she could get a seat. Their stories were repeated hundreds of thousands of times over, if not more, all across the country with people stranded where they were.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

MountainBiker, good points to consider when traveling. Thanks!

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I am fortunate that I don’t have to fly anymore but for those here that do, a lesson I learned via a couple of my siblings on 9/11 is to act quickly on getting a car rental if you are suddenly stranded. Also have your meds with you. One of my brothers flew out of Baltimore on 9/11 heading to Nevada for a business meeting with the plan being he’d fly home that evening. He wasn’t prepared to stay over. When they ordered all planes to land, he put down in Denver and literally got the last rental car available at the airport and then scrambled to find a hotel room that also were suddenly in short supply. He has an A-Fib problem that requires medication and he had to scramble to get his prescription faxed to him and then it was an hours long search to find a pharmacy that could fill it, it not being a common medication. If the flight ban was any longer he was going to drive back to Maryland with the rental. My sister happened to be in Denver too for a work conference and found herself stranded without a rental and no way of getting back home to OH until flights resumed and she could get a seat. Their stories were repeated hundreds of thousands of times over, if not more, all across the country with people stranded where they were. This is why I firmly believe the real SHTF event will be on an ordinary workday when business travelers are far from home, the kids are spread out at their respective schools and colleges, and Mom & Dad are at work someplace else. It will maximize the chaos as families are separated and most everybody is away from home, even if locally.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This is another DHS funding scare tactic.

Good points by MTB though.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I agree, 74.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well the House just turned down the Senate bill to pass a DHS funding on it’s own.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.