Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Trump Releases His Plan for 2nd Amendment… Leaves Millions Furious
    Only the liberal left are furious, TRUMP will fix so much!

http://conservativetribune.com/trump-plan-2nd-amendment/

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m glad to see him speaking so clearly so soon. The devil is always in the details of course. A national reciprocity on concealed carry would still leave people with all the question marks as to what is legal to carry. For example Massachusetts only allows specific models approved by the State Attorney General, and of course a number of States have limits on the number of rounds in a magazine. There is no way that police in every State are going to know what is legal in every other State, so I imagine States would still be able to impose certain limits of their choosing.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

My gun CC permit should be legal in every other state I go to and accepted by the hoplophobes of NYC. Constitution Trumps the Haters. Did Trump have his gun with him talking to Obama in the White House ? I certainly hope so. State law has to submit to the 2nd amendment not the other way around.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Agree Brulen, The 2nd Amendment is the law of the land.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Regretfully the 2nd amendment does not speak to magazine capacity, barrel length, or a host of other State-specific regulations. All I am saying is that national reciprocity is a whole lot more complicated than just saying your license is good anywhere. Sort of like saying your driver’s license is good in any State but you still have to obey their specific traffic laws.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Trump is not legal for CC in DC. Zero reciprocity.

As to national CC, local laws regarding capacity would have to be followed. Just like now. Those requiring registration would not apply to travellers.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I would add a unique complication for us here in VT is that our State Constitution makes gun ownership a right and as such there is no licensing here at all concerning concealed or open carry. Another aspect is the legal threshold to buy or own hand guns or long guns is 16 here. There is no minimum age to possess long guns. Not sure how all this would work with reciprocity.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I love seeing so many butt hurt liberals !!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said , they can move to Canada .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

MB, Wyoming has permits.
    While we are a constitutional carry state, we still issue them, because we do go out of state.

It would be simple enough to implement such a “permit”.

Sadly, because of the less enlightened places, it may be required.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

True , Arizona has constitutional carry , but still issues them for that reason .

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

[I]n VT … there is no licensing here at all concerning concealed or open carry. … Not sure how all this would work with reciprocity.

MB, unfortunately, about the only thing you can do is get on a flight to Alaska, with your declared gun in your checked baggage, and hope it’s still in your checked baggage when you arrive. You can carry without a permit in Alaska. The other 55 of Obama’s 57 states are off limits to you if you carry without a permit – no reciprocity since no permit with which to reciprocate. HOWEVER: if you jump through the hoops and pay the money to obtain a non-resident permit in the 25 states that allow them, you could then legally carry everywhere except Michigan, California, and DC. Apparently the non-resident permits from the various states then get accepted in all but MI, CA, and DC. Just be sure you know the laws in the individual cities. See? It’s just that easy! {choke! }

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Because of the less enlightened places, it may be required.

Sadly, even that doesn’t always work. I was very unpleasantly surprised last year when we took a long vacation from Georgia, across I-40, then up through CO and UT to ID, and back through WY on the way home. I wasn’t at all surprised that we’d have to avoid IL to remain legal on the way back, and accepted the fact that NE was also off limits (home of Cabela’s, no less!). But I was totally surprised that we couldn’t legally enter NV or NM on the way out either. I did not expect western states to not honor a GA permit. So much for constitutional carry….

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Depends on the home state permit and the reciprocity standards/agreement.

Nebraska and New Mexico are interesting as both Colorado and Wyoming have reciprocity with them.

Does GA have an area that doesn’t recognize in state permits? NY has a permit but isn’t recognized here because NYC doesn’t honor the NY permit.

Other states such as Utah do give out non resident permits but you must have one in your home state first.

Nevada has a quagmire of a permit nightmare, thank you Clark county.

Not legal advice, but I saw in a movie once where the hero carried in both Nevada and Cali while vacationing. Permits and Mag capacity bs disregarded. Don’t go where there are magnetometers and such, because no one is looking otherwise.
    But then it was just a movie.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Addendum,
    The out of state permit may or may not work for some, as some states require the permit you travel n be from your state of residence.
    This was a “loophole” New Yorkers were exploiting for a short time, before the residence requirements.

In my case, a Utah permit only gives me one additional state, WA. Not worth it, expense or time.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Does GA have an area that doesn’t recognize in state permits?

<Grinning happily> No, GA has sensible gun laws, recently upgraded very nicely. There are very few places a person cannot carry in GA, and cities and counties don’t have the authority to chip away at the rights granted by the State.

GS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.