Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I like the 3) Glock 19 Gen 4, I was surprised on the number 2) maybe because I have not seen one, the EAA Witness Elite Match.

The number 1) CZ-75 SP-01 I know little about but have read great reviews about it.
    Whirlibird what do you think about these three?

Top 10 Best 9MM Handguns for Self-Defense

http://geekstopten.com/10-best-9mm-handguns-self-defense/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Some of the finest combat arms are right there.

The P01 is a great piece, a little heavier than glockophiles like, but lighter than the steel frame CZs. A personal favorite.

The glocks, we know about, the Walther P99 is another good design that has fallen off the radar and can be found at very reasonable prices on the used market.

The Tanfoglio guns can be great but you may need to be selective with them. The quality of some varies.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The P99 is very accurate pistol with good ergonomics. I’ve been shooting one in 40S&W, I have to believe a 9mm will follow suit.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

What about the HK p7m13.and then there’s the Walther PPS the P99s little brother. Why not a 9mm revolver? There are so many possibilities.

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

I have special place in my heart for CZs.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

None of my 9’s made the list…. /sniff

This just reiterates my belief that you should shoot what you like.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

There’s always the handgun that got away. The one you wish you had bought when it was readily available or didn’t quite have the money for at the time.

Gone Forever…. tsk tsk. Along with the ammo you can’t find anymore….

Buy it now, or reget it for the rest of your life.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Brulen wrote:</div>What about the HK p7m13.and then there’s the Walther PPS the P99s little brother. Why not a 9mm revolver? There are so many possibilities.

The M13 is a neat piece, the price anymore almost precludes regular use, much like the Sig 210.

Many choices while excellent are now long out of production, such as the M13 as well as the Benelli M76.
    Other choices should have been much better such as the Colt 2000
    Sometimes a good gun just doesn’t make it for one reason or another.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It’s just one guy’s list. We can all make our own list. How can a 10 best list of 9mm not include the Browning Hi Power? That is like having a 10 best 45acp list and not including any 1911’s. My list would include the out of production Browning BDM, I love that gun even if the US Army didn’t.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, It’s like you said it is his list of best 9mm. There should be a best 10 9mm that are out of production and the 10 best in production 9mm.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>It’s just one guy’s list. We can all make our own list. How can a 10 best list of 9mm not include the Browning Hi Power? That is like having a 10 best 45acp list and not including any 1911′s. My list would include the out of production Browning BDM, I love that gun even if the US Army didn’t.

Having broken 2 BHP’s I have an idea why it may not have been included.
    The BDM, neither fish nor fowl. Neat gun,built a little light for ‘modern’ ammo, the added complexity of the internals put many people off. And for most, the DAO setting is a worthless feature.

But it is a subjective list. everyones list will be different.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well Whirly you may not like the BDM but beats a poor Colt 2000 by a mile or more. Those guns were lousy, the pistol was plagued with reports of inaccuracy and unreliability, and suffered from the poor publicity of having to be recalled in 1993.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

My wife’s made it, and mine didn’t. Not going to let her know. I love my S&W M&P 9mm. At least for me the smoothest shooting most accurate gun I have ever owned.

Wife has a Glock 17 that she loves. A great shooting gun no doubt about it.

As usual post a 10 best list, and you will start a debate.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Had one of the first 2000’s, with the aluminum frame.
    It was surprisingly accurate once the trigger pull was fixed.
    The recall was on the firing pin block sticking/failing.
    Typical with new designs, it had a few teething problems, the extractor had to float for one, when it got stuck or crudded up, it had issues. Mags were assembled backwards, and the like.
    The ‘bushing’ when tightly fitted worked fine, loose like any design will give accuracy problems.

Didn’t say I didn’t like the BDM, just said it was complex inside.
    And a lot of people didn’t like the ‘lightness’ of the gun, compared to other designs of the day.
    The one I had was beat up but accurate.

A number of designs, such as the H&K VP-70Z, were innovative and ahead of their time.
    The front sight of the VP was almost impossible to damage, was completely snag free despite having a perfectly square black ‘picture’. Being the first successful polymer framed gun, it may not have been pretty but it worked tremendously well once the trigger was smoothed or lightened.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

9 mm are ok but not my first choice in handguns

i prefer a OHWS winner handgun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.