Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I looked into buying a tomahawk but had a problem with paying hundreds of dollars for a very good one. All the cheaper tomahawks the handle were made of some type of plastic or wood. The problem is that in an SHTF you will not find a way to replace the handle so I wanted it to be all steel.

The problem was that all steel tomahawks were $200.00 on up. I also wanted the tomahawk to be made in the good old U. S. A. that made it even more then $300.00 on up.

Then I found a name that I have work with for the last 30 years, Estwing! In the construction business Estwing is very well known as a product that will last forever!

So I purchased Estwing ETA 27-Ounce Tomahawk Axe with Leather Grip and the price was only $42.98 with free shipping and it is made in the U. S. A.

So when I got this tomahawk axe my son told my to order another one because this one is his. I did purchase a second. For the price you can’t get anything better.

I can’t believe how nice the leather grip is.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom,
    Why can’t a wooden handle be replaced after shtf?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

A wooded handle can be replaced when an shtf but do you really want to spend your time doing that when there is so many other things that need to be done. I like the steel. When a SHTF happens that is the last thing I want to have to do. Also if you are some were that there is no wood to be found than what happens? You are think that you will stay in one place were there is wood.

I have owned the Estwing hammers, axes and they last forever. There is no replacing anything.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.