Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

One of my main ‘rules’ is if you are carrying something with the potential to cut yourself severely (a knife/axe/machete etc) carry the means to treat a severe wound…

This is my most compact first aid kit I carry and is the foundation that all my other modular medical kits grow from, it’s primary purpose is to treat a traumatic bleed but it can fulfill other useful functions as well :)

Contents are:

Motorbike innertube cut into a long strip for a tourniquet (Also highly flammable, can be used for cordage type purposes and can even be made into a catapult/harpoon!)
    First Field Dressing (For wound dressing, but also the pad makes for a great tinder and the cloth tape strips can be used to make char cloth or torn up for cordage)
    2 pairs disposable gloves (For hygiene, can also be used for water carrying, blow up and draw on faces as a distraction if you are treating children)
    1 pack ‘Quikclot’ (A GREAT item, but DOES NOT substitute the need for direct pressure on the wound!)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

By the way, I don’t smoke, the cigarette packet is there purely for scale!

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Excellent little kit! I always love the fact that some people carry stuff like this, it’s vitally important. Much rather save a life than have to take one.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Very cool Toby, having multipurpose item is always great option.

bushrat
    bushrat
    Survivalist
    member4

Real nice kit. Instead of QuikClot, I prefer Celox. Here’s more info if you’re interested.

<“http://www.celoxmedical.com/usa/”>

I also carry sutures and wound closure strips. Very useful for moderate to deep cuts. Many of my supplies are ordered through Chinook Medical Supplies.

<“http://www.chinookmed.com/?gclid=CLW4uYXMuL0CFTMV7Aod_VwAjw”>

Hope this is helpful. Having a terrible time getting links to work on here. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.