Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Billionaire hedge fund manager Paul Singer has issued an unusual warning for investors” This is a letter being sent to all of his investors about EMP attack. Interesting read.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101875747

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Definitely interesting. I’d put it more a “Grid Failure” issue than just an EMP attack. As there are a number of means a terrorist organization could disrupt and corrupt the grid.

Hmm, same page link to notorious doomsday cults and prophesies….

On one particular page:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42415993/page/9

James Rawles and the Survivalists

Somewhat outside the realm of religious prophets are survivalists, who are convinced doom is certain, imminent, and that they must be prepared. Dominating the survivalist underground blogosphere as editor of http://www.survivalblog.com is James Rawles, who also wrote “How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It” — presumably holed up on a remote farm in what he calls the “hinter boonies.”
    Rawles’ version of impending doom involves a vaguely defined socio-economic collapse caused initially by a power grid failure. “[The power grid] is the real linchpin of society. It fuels our economy, and controls all automatic-ordering systems. Without it, our economy would just shut down. In winter, you’d see a mass out-migration from cities as refugees flood the countryside.”

So, how do survivalists prepare? Rawles says any “prepper worth his salt” has a self-sufficient retreat replete with stored firewood or coal, with years worth of food stores. The serious ones have their own gardens and livestock. “It’s important to be well-armed, and take advanced medical training.”

Yet for Rawles and his followers, preparing for the worst is a lifestyle. He adds, proudly: “Just today I was out in my barn getting ready for the delivery of a new dairy cow.”

Profile photo of Xocjm
    Xocjm
    Veteran
    member4

I find it very interesting that we are seeing so much talk about the threat of an EMP. 2 years ago it was only the alternative media.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Xocjm, There is something going on that all the media is starting to talk about it.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Yup, it’s trendy and fashionable now.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

When the Main Stream Media starts to report this rather than what Kim and Kanye are up to, it’s time to take notice. I would really like to know his motivation for bringing this up.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

The whole shift of attention is funny but predictable. Im not a big fan of pundits who see conspiracies everywhere (or make a small story into something big just to keep their viewers / listeners entertained) but my prediction is that preparedness and survival will become very much mainstream in the next 3-4 years.

Most people already know how corrupt and rotten the whole system is. Next step is that they become aware how volatile and easily it can break and then the bad awakening that nobody is there to hold your hand.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I hope you’re right on the ‘mainstream’ factor, Jay.

I’m afraid that most whose eyes are only partly opened by Judge Janine and such will slowly close with
    a Republican victory in ’16, feeling that everything will now be fixed.

Most people may know how corrupt and criminal the system is, but as long as it doesn’t actually effect them directly, it’s not really an issue worth paying attention to.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I find it interesting that the EMP threat is starting to get some media coverage, and in a similar vein cyber attacks. Given the norm these days for the major media to follow scripts provided by their political or economic masters, it leaves me wondering whether the big boys know of an actual credible threat.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.