Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

This made me LOL! Send intruders next door down!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

twee,

I’ve seen that sign before, and yeah I laughed too… but then I started thinking about it.

The anti’s hate guns and want them banned.. however, they enjoy the benefits of gun ownership without actually owning a gun. Kentucky doesn’t get a whole lot of air play when it comes to guns, like Texas, but I’m willing to wager we have higher gun ownership per capita than Texas. The main reason why home invasions are so fantastically rare around here, as well as burglaries, etc, is because the bad guys don’t want to get shot. That is the main deterrent. You break into someone’s house and they pull down on you with a scattergun, well… that’s pretty much it for you.

But Mr. Bad Guy, he doesn’t actually know who has a gun and who does not. That house on the corner might have an armed owner, it might not… so Mr. Bad Guy moves on. Which means Mr. Anti-gun, he enjoys the benefits of gun ownership – the crime deterrent – without actually owning a gun.

And the dirtbag has the nerve to tell others what he thinks we should or should not own… hypocritical pencil-necked sumbitch…

If anything, he actually owes his gun-owning neighbor for keeping his insurance rates down, as well as his family safe, for making the bad guys move on…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Same reason you don’t see anti gun signs on their houses.  For a while the fools were saying every gun owner shoud be required to post signs notifying who has them.  Then they realized who would be at risk.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well that is a good sign! Were I live in Coral Gables Florida many have guns. My neighbors on the right side just got robbed. They were out at 1:00pm to 4:00pm when it happen. I was home at the time but I didn’t hear anything.

The funny thing is they are the ONLY ones in the block that I know that are anti-gun. So did the robbers know this? Another thing is they are the only ones that don’t own a dog too! All the neighbors own big dogs but they only own cats! The cats went to the other room when the robbers were inside, LOL!!

I totaled them with a smile that it maybe time to think about owning a gun!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Freedom, the ownership of a firearm wouldn’t have stopped the burglar.

Many years ago, the place I was living was “hit”.

They took a footlocker containing two relics (non-functioning) and left the long guns in a pile on the floor.

I was off teaching a class at the time so had most of my handguns with me,they missed them.

The timing was right around the time school let out.

They waited until I left and broke in. My ownership of firearms had nothing to do with my safety, being that I was not present, and everything to do with what they were after. They were later caught after several armed robberies.

The two relics, meant little. The long guns in a pile, annoying. The abuse of my dog, unforgivable.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirl,

So, what you’re saying is that a couple of chumps cased your house long enough to know your patterns, and you didn’t notice anything? ;)

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

They were the neighbors.

College/high school age.

And it was a long time ago.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirl,

Aw comon… I didn’t mean nothin by it. Everyone gets soaked now and again. As paranoid as I am, I still had a meth head steal two saddles out from under my nose… didn’t see or hear ****.. and this was just a couple years ago…

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, I think the robbers study the patterns of the time we leave and get back everyday. There is a lot of roofers doing new roofs around the area. Since I have been in the construction business for over 30 years I know that there are some that do this and tell others that do the robberies.

One of the stolen ipad had an app that tells you were it is, so when the app was turned on it showed and area called Little Haiti which is were many Haitians live and many of them work with the roofers. Interesting.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Robbers, especially the good ones not only study their quarry but go to great lengths to avoid contact.

In my case, they literally waited until I left, then broke in through a window on their side of the house.

I didn’t have a fixed schedule, my room mates did, but I was in and out at all hours.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

WOW! Whirlibird, These guys just have all the time in the world to do this. They are like hunters for home robbery. I think that at the beginning of an economical collapse the home robberies are going to go though the roof.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

We have lots of opportunistic burglaries in some areas here (not where I live luckily). It is a common saying that the best deterrents are your neighbors / your community.

People actually tell each other when some new guy shows up and is lurking around the neighborhood. There is also some sort of community spirit so that even in major cities each street has something like a headman and sometimes they also have speakers hung up and the headman makes announcements whats going on (and plays awful music for a few minutes before he makes that announcement).

Smaller towns and villages also have headman who really run the place (along with the local cops and military if its in the area). This is a very old fashioned way of living but it really works and prevents a lot of crime from happening.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

They are like hunters for home robbery. I think that at the beginning of an economical collapse the home robberies are going to go though the roof.

I think it is very interesting to see what’s going on in “lawless” places like Detroit where you dont even have a police force that can respond to all the crime. This will be the next step for many other places when things collapse.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Freedom:

Agree with you. As economic pressures grow, we are going to see a lot more home invasions. Especially with the entitlement mentality that the government is encouraging. Too many people now believe they are owed something even if they haven’t worked for it. It’s not a big step to take it form the guy who got lucky while the man was keeping them down.

Our President is a master at class warfare. He and his compatriots would like to see us at each other’s throats rather than theirs. The politics of envy and greed have made them both powerful and rich.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Jay wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>
    They are like hunters for home robbery. I think that at the beginning of an economical collapse the home robberies are going to go though the roof.

I think it is very interesting to see what’s going on in “lawless” places like Detroit where you dont even have a police force that can respond to all the crime. This will be the next step for many other places when things collapse.

Jay,
    I can say that response time varied even in my little department(s).
    Depending on what was happening, being on another call, time of day/number of officers on duty, and distance response tives varied from seconds to hours. Seriousness of the call also played into it.

A barking dog call at 2am was handled with a different priority than a burglar alarm. Traffic accidents took priority over most other things.

If there was a threat to life, that call took priority over pretty much everything.

People don’t want a standing “Army” yet they want instantaneous response and results.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.