Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Stir on…. But it’s all just political theater. “Look over here – don’t worry about the man over there behind the curtain.” Probably another right thing for the wrong reasons, and nothing that will ever get traction anyway.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

GS is right, the IRS was probably working for John Boner anyway not the democrats. A pox on them all.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Unfortunately , I have to agree with GS . Its an election year and the dog & pony show has begun , I will believe it when I see it happen .
    74 , Pox is too good and fast for them , AIDS would be better , a nice slow , fatal ,wasting disease . Terminal cancer gets my vote as well .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, is right John Boner doesn’t like the tea party members.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

A huge, huge thing just happened in the House this week – passage of an absurd 2-year budget coupled with raising of the debt limit, putting all such issues beyond the 2016 election. Yet it’s receiving relatively little coverage. Instead, we’ve been hearing all about the upcoming CNBC Republican “debate” that finally happened last night, what Trump is saying about Carson, what Lindsey Graham is saying about both of them, and now, the BIG ONE: the grand and glorious new Speaker of the House who, just moments ago, finished his acceptance speech and took the oath of office from a member of the loyal opposition. I suspect they’re hoping that the “scandal” (depending on which fake news network is reporting) of impeaching Koskinen will take up more air time. The idiocy of the runaway spy blimp took up air time yesterday when they needed filler, along with another university shooting, etc. Now they’ve got all they need to bury this budget/debt ceiling deal as deep as possible – almost (they still have to get it through the Senate, and Rand Paul said last night he’s going into filibuster mode.

The more fake hornets nests the better – all camouflage and smoke to hide the real disaster created out of this absurd political theater. The country has been shafted yet again, with the can kicked further down the road. The end of the road is within sight, but there is a sheer cliff at its end. And this latest budgetary/debt deal is a huge kick that will send the can off the edge of the cliff where the road suddenly ends. It’s going to be a long, long way down.

The US will join Europe, Africa, and much of the rest of the world in chaos. And the American people will wonder what happened ….

♫ ♪ ♫
    You ain’t seen nothin’ yet
    B-b-b-baby, you just ain’t seen n-n-nothin’ yet
    Here’s something, here’s something your never gonna forget
    baby, you know, you know, you know you just ain’t seen nothin’ yet
    ♫ ♪ ♫

And if the other countries think they’ve got it bad now, just wait until the “strongest” currency in the world goes down the tubes. There will be a domino effect such as has never even been conceived in the minds of man. It will be of Biblical proportions — I suspect quite literally.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Putin / Nugent 2016 , already have the sticker lol .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

and the answer my friend is blowng in the wind…….

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Being a bit of a news junkie I have a hard time ignoring whatever the current raging debates are, but I am weary of all the political theater and talking heads and am choosing to just ignore much of it. At this point I don’t care what any of the Presidential candidates are saying about the other candidates or what any of the pundits are saying about the Presidential candidates. I am more concerned about events that inch us closer to WWIII or other major upheaval to the current order.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MB,
    I’m of the same mind. I don’t see the entrenched bureaucracy going away no matter who is elected. I feel like a little cork floating in the floatsum and scum of the ocean surf, waiting for a giant wave to smash me on the rocks.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

We did watch the “debates” last night. It was interesting in a totally unexpected way. I fully expect bias on the part of the “moderators.” What I was unprepared for was the degree of outrageousness of some of the questions directed at the candidates, and the outright lying involved with some of the questions and moderators’ statements. It was a major step beyond anything I’ve ever seen in the past. I expected it to be qualitatively different than the softballs carefully tossed to the Democrat candidates recently. But this was really blatant – the audience booed a number of times at the moderators! Some of the candidates did play some petty and even destructive “games” with other candidates, and depending on who becomes the nominee, that could be beautiful ammunition for the Democrats – just plain dumb! But the media bias was so blatantly obvious that I honestly wondered if the candidates would briefly huddle at the first break and agree on a cue that would signal their mass walkout from the debate stage, with no return. I frankly would have loved that, leaving CNBC with dead air time to fill for the next hour+. Sadly, it didn’t happen. So, we were left with another exercise in learning almost nothing about details of candidates’ positions on substantive issues (not that most of them would hold to those positions anyway, just as Jeb’s daddy did with his “read my lips” pledge).

What’s absolutely clear, however, is that the media is indeed selecting the next President of the United States by carefully destroying everyone else. Otherwise, why was Hillary not confronted by the media, and why is there no reporting of the email to Chelsea right after Benghazi that it was an Al-Qaeda attack, while Hillary, Susan Rice, and Barack Hussein Obama were all still lying, saying it was because of a video? In other words, the Benghazi hearings were, just as scripted, simply another few pages of dead-serious political theater. In the meantime, the public eats up what they’re fed, swallow it hook line and sinker, vote for the “only obvious” acceptable candidates in all elections, and we can cue up Sonny and Cher and listen to another round of “And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on.”

Why do I bother? My conscious mind tells me it’s so I can honestly say I know what’s going on, and can therefore make my own best choices. Meanwhile, my subconscious mind tells me I already know full well what’s going on, and I’m wasting my time watching any of it, and could better use the time prepping, just having some fun, reading a good book, spending more time with the very nicest person I’ve ever known (my wife), finishing or working on any number of unfinished projects, etc., instead of wanting to hurl a sharp, heavy object at the TV we paid good money for, or utter words I gave up 39 years ago. And my conscious mind replies by lowering my head in embarrassment and saying softly in a depressed tone, “I know … I know ….”

It’s getting harder and harder to find too much I don’t agree with in this piece from this past weekend: “Doug Casey’s Top Five Reasons Not to Vote.”

What was at one time at least partially right about the Republican Party has long since disappeared, and that’s a period of decades, not months or years. I see them as just as corrupt as the Democrats. As long as virtually all political parties are able to be funded by corporate or PAC money, and as long as election law disallows any real and meaningful 3rd party participation, and indeed as long as it IS a party-based system, it will inherently be about money and power. And having little of either, it certainly doesn’t benefit me or almost anyone I know.

GS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.