Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, I think it is bigger than that. When I came from Cuba as a 4 year old there was only English. This built me as an American first and Cuban second. It built my foundation as an American, learned the history of America and showed me to be proud to being an American.

I love my country, America is the home of the brave, home of the free. This is why I am the way I am.

We are now doing the ESL which only creates a class of children that when they become adults had no loyalty to America.

I have been told by some Americans that I am more American then some Americans, I am proud to be an American.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Freedom:

You are expressing a sentiment that millions of immigrants have expressed in the past. My grandmother was a mail-order bride from a small Serbian village. She was functionally illiterate when she arrived her. She struggled, but learned English. She stressed education to her seven children and they all moved on to become model citizens. Her joy was seeing her grandchildren moving even further up in society.

While your journey started in a different place, the journey was similar. Many of the young people that are crossing our borders today will never experience the pride and enjoy that you experience. As you stated, they will have no loyalty to our country.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, my Cuban-American friend is 100% American too. He embraced this country, worked hard, played by the rules, and did very well for himself.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, I can say that is we are all about, hard work, play by the rules and love to be an American. I became a U. S. Citizen 1976 It was a great day, but that was just to have the paper because I have been an American since I landed here when I was 4 years old.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

I’m pretty sure Freedom is American-Cuban!!! :)

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.