Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I will not comment on this because the language filter would not let you see anything I wrote. I just wanted to pass the story along.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/18/the-empire-state-building-submits-to-islam/

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

And the cops will happily be doing Darth Vaders bidding . God knows they hate the Constitution and refuse to make a stand in its defense .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Several words come to mind after that last comment.
    But as this is a family site, I will simply ask for the proof behind your inflamatory comment.

Especially as the police weren’t mentioned in the article.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes I saw this too! Incredible! This is a war on Christians all over America.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

And the cops will happily be doing Darth Vaders bidding . God knows they hate the Constitution and refuse to make a stand in its defense .

I’m like Whirlibird – I simply don’t “get” that response. What did the police have to do with the article or the event?

And what “stand” would you want them to take (or make) in defense of the Constitution – a mass police attack on the Empire State Building, or attack City Hall and take out the mayor? Or perhaps go on strike and let the masses do whatever they might want to do without police presence, thereby setting up the city to devolve into complete chaos and anarchy from what it already is?

If I’m missing something that should be obvious (and reasonable), my apology. But I just don’t get that response. At all.

(While I’m at it, an appreciative ‘hat tip’ to Whirlibird and all the other good LEOs – or former LEOs – that still make a difference.)

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

As the son of a deceased LEO I am also confused. The men like my dad and his friends on the force were freedom loving men who served in either WWII or Korea. Could you please explain what you meant. I would truly like to understand.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Here is the deal , the cops in NYC are some of the worst , if fact , LAPD and NYPD are both fighting for the dirtiest department in the nation award . If there were any protests held about the decision , they would do their usual thug job on any protester , even though they have a right under the Constitution to peacefully protest . They have done so to almost any protest held in that place , they eagerly follow the party line instead of doing what is right . Not too long ago , there was a US Marine that was disgusted with the treatment of the protesters by the cops in NYC , that he was filmed screaming at the cops and defending the protesters , saying that he didnt proudly serve in Iraq to come home and see US citizens being treated that way . Im suspicious of all of them , but that comment was aimed at NYPD .
    Roadracer , those men you spoke of were from a different generation , they were PEACE officers , much different than todays enforcer drones , the cops today are far different than those that served before , they serve a system and not a community . Not for the better either . They know they are doing wrong and dont give a crap . Just Sayin

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

Generalizing about any group of people (whether profession, race, religion, whatever), even based on a significant number of bad apples among them, allows people to dehumanize every member of such a group. And once we’re no longer looking at human beings, but just “objects” (or whatever dehumanizing name-calling is applied), it’s far easier to abuse any member of that group. It doesn’t matter whether it’s police, Muslims, Central or South Americans, people with African ancestry, or whatever. Ironically, it’s the very same thing that allowed different groups to create the unspeakable chaos that the founder of this forum (Selco) lived through. Too many people stopped being able to see any human beings if they didn’t look or pray like themselves – each group became labeled and therefore seen as distasteful objects by the other.

I sincerely hope this kind of discussion is neither continued nor tolerated. I saw the very same topic and tone largely destroy a previously marvelous on line refuge from the storm.

And keep in mind that you won’t get any argument out of me about serious corruption existing in many (most?) big-city police departments, particularly LA and NYC. Despite that, I stand on the above two paragraphs.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

And I stand on mine , as they are tied together with the larger situation . Thats the beauty of the 1st Amendment , but it should not be selective , as in “tolerated “

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.