Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m willing to bet there are a lot of items hiding inside your attic, your garage, your basement, and your closets, that you see as garbage but can prove to be extremely useful post-collapse.

This one made me laugh. My wife thinks I’m a horder because of all the stuff I have. I know I can use everything somehow. I actually threw away useful stuff because I needed space around my work bench.

The article makes some very good recommendations.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Fortunately my wife never goes down into the basement nor up to the room over the detached garage or even into the greenhouse, and she otherwise ignores my mess in the garage. She knows that there is a lot of food and other stuff down in the basement, just not how much.

I too wish I hadn’t tossed or given away a lot of stuff that I did, especially some of my father-in-law’s old tools when they moved into senior housing so many years ago. He had some other good stuff too that I gave away. I’m much better at tucking away “maybe this will come in handy someday” stuff now.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

My “man cave: is off limits for anyone that has too many questions ;)

We got stuff that will seem like junk, until during/after SHTF :D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

My wife thinks of all my stuff is 90% junk till she needs something fixed and finds out that I have it and don’t have to go to Home Depot to buy it. Then she says oh I am so happy you saved that.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

Um is it bad if you have a “show area” where normal people come which is 1/3 of total space but you would never know it.

as for junk, neat and orderly, except at the forge have lots of old steel around it is orderly by gauge and material type but goes on for 3 acres

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of namelus namelus.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of namelus namelus.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Namelus,
    Sounds fine to me. It’s not like I have junk laying around everywhere. Only the garage is filled with tools bikes a tractor car shelving tool chest work bench spare v8 350 motorcycle table saw tile saw shaper plumbing and electrical parts. No junk, I don’t save junk.p

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.