Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

With all the talk about possible government fascism and threat to the Constitution , and unnecessary militerization of the police . As a people , what to do to protect ourselves , our family , and our way of life , is becoming a serious concern for many Americans . But how if you are confronted by vehicles ? Molotov’s are a good traditional solution , easy to make and use …………many a tank was destroyed in WW2 with Molotov’s . Another powerful mixture , who’s components are easy to get , is Thermite . THis mixture will melt through very thick steel with a surprisingly small amount ….the only problem is that you have to get close to use it , but making yourself aware of it as a material , just gives you more options to defend yourself .

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

I was literally debating on if I should post how to make thermite on here yesterday haha. But it’s easy enough to figure out how to do it.

Just another tool for the brains tool kit. Remember, knowledge on how to do things isn’t illegal, but making some of those things are. Be smart about it.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I have no plans to be in a confrontation with any civil authorities at any time for any reason because I am not going to give them a reason to cause such an event. I have read, thermite is a wonderful emergency fire starter.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I hear ya , the railroad uses it for welding in remote locations , lot of very peaceful applications . ……………I share your ideas ,……not advocating anything except knowledge …………just sayin .

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It’s a boat and we are all riding in it together.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

A good publication to get is TM 31-210 Improvised Munitions Handbook. Again, for reading purposes only, so don’t go out and break laws. Like I said, knowledge isn’t illegal, but making some things can put you behind bars for a VERY long time.

I hope that I’d never have to rely upon some of the things in that book, but there may come a time, so I’d like to have a general idea of how to do some of those things now should an event see fit to put me in such situations.

Again, use your head, don’t be an idiot.

As for the use of thermite in welding, yes it works extremely well, and could find a role in some SHTF rebuilding project.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Always been amazed at what is for sale on ebay.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974t150v, You can just Google it and you will find TM 31-210 Improvised Munitions Handbook in PDF.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Thermite is part of the US Navy Emergency Destruction Plans of certain Navy Units. One form is a grenade and the other form is “document destruction.” A grenade is placed on the very top of certain electronic devices. When activated it burns all the way down. To keep this from progressing through the ship sand is always under these devices. “Document destruction” devices are placed in the drawers of certain safes. Like making a sandwich you
    put one every so many inches of documents you wish to destroy. The “document destruction” devices are set off electronically by the last person leaving the spaces.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Robin, Wow! very interesting information.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks for the info everyone! I’ll be saving it for a rainy day.

Profile photo of DefeatTreatSurvive
    DefeatTreatSurvive
    Survivalist
    member1

Just becaseu YOU have no desire to have a confrontation with civil “authorities” doesn’t mean THEY don’t. Just saying. They don’t need a reason.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Even the best laid plans that look good initially can go to hell in mere minutes, so yeah Defeat you’re correct in that.

I plan (and hope) on never having to resort to using my firearms, but I know that it might come, so I train with that, and increase my knowledge in that area of study. I hope I’d never have to use thermite for anything, but I know that there may be reasons for me to do so, so I looked up how to do employ it.

Not to rain on anyones parade but it is how it is. Murphy always finds a way to show up and throw a wrench in the cogs of your plans. I like the acronym P A C E. Primary, Alternate, Contingent, Emergency.

I really hope that all of this is for naught and that we’re all a little crazy, but the way things have been going lately some knowledge like this might be worth the time looking into it.

Profile photo of lci115lewis
    lci115lewis
    Survivalist
    member3

Skylighter.com, great resource for all things pyrotechnic.Plenty of harmless reasons to make your own black powder, thermite, slow match, quick match, pull igniters, electric matches, etc.

They have plenty of articles and project instructions, but be careful, there are a LOT of interesting chemicals and tools, I have a hard time refraining from ordering, even when I am completely broke.

I new kit they should be getting in this summer is a color changing smoke mixture, the video looked pretty good.

Rob

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Mr. Red
    ” All plans fall apart on first contact with the enemy ”
    Erwin Rommel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.