Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

http://www.cnet.com/news/heat-seaker-thermal-imaging-camera-for-the-masses/

A thermal imaging device is one of the best defensive tools to own. I’m just putting this device out here for people to see. I haven’t bought one or used one so I’m not giving any recommendations about the quality of the product. If anyone has one that would like to comment please let us know what your experience has been.

http://thermal.com/what_is_thermal.html

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

That is pretty cool looking. My old iPhone is not compatible, but looks very interesting. Seems to have a lot of practical applications for a relatively inexpensive price.

Seeing what is roaming your property late at night would be very useful.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I don’t have a smart phone by my wife does, and of course my kids & their spouses do. This intrigues me and I’d consider buying it for one of those phones. I’m interested in what others think.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mtb,
    If I had the proper resources I would go with a higher end device 3-4 grand. It’s to big of a jump for a tight budget though.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, very good find. I am going to upgrade my iPhone 4 to the iPhone 6 in June so this is a good item to buy for hunting at night.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

My wife would shoot me if I bought another veeblefetzer. Gotta pass, besides I like dumb phones. The closer I get to a 1 function phone that I won’t forget how to use, the better I like it.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well I have some night vision but I want the 1000yd detection capability. I don’t need to know it’s a person at 1000, just that it could be a person approaching.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

This is one huge reason I might go back to a smart phone.

IPhone mountings on rifles are very cool! You can take an iPhone and enlarge the view through a scope even further, and also record the happenings with the video function. FLIR has a unit that is $299 until Jan 31, and then it goes back up to $399. FLIR is a very good unit, on their upscale models. It does what you want, 74! (upscale ones)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

So…. according to Drudge there are police radars that look right into a house. Privacy …. ha ha.
    A thermal imaging device that will allow snipers to shoot thru walls, to acquire targets as they move from room to room. And its available now for under 10 grand to anybody.
    Make my day. lol the ultimate survival weapon – the $199 smart phone adapted to a .50 cal rifle.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The phone devices are not anywhere near that performance. I’m thinking they are almost useless as outdoor detection.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I’ve been holding off upgrading, but this might push me over the edge. Spent the weekend with some of the grandkids, and they both have the iPhone 6. Could see where this might come in handy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.