Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Screed, maybe but it matters little. I’m not looking for someone else to reaffirm my masculinity or define it for anyone else. It a puerile pursuit in the scheme of things.

No “maybe” about it. Dude threw a hissy fit because he doesn’t like what Mr. Donovan has written. The End.

And whether you’re ‘looking’ or not, the group dynamics of males have been the same since forever. Tribe up with any group of Doomers for a SHTF scenario, and those dynamics will play out, whether you like it or not or whether you sniff that they’re “puerile” or not…

Covering your eyes with your hands and pretending you’re invisible didn’t work, either…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thats where good planned timing and a full auto AK come in . Happens in war all the time , a bad or over zealous officer gets ” fraged ” in his tent by his own men . Expect infighting , especially if a situation drags on for a while and things dont go well or as planned . Leaders may change rapidly . Think gangs , rather than soldiers , because the training and discipline will not be there with the vast majority of groups .

” Underestimating your enemy is a payment on a grave ”
    Erwin Rommel

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Covering your eyes with your hands and pretending you’re invisible didn’t work, either… – Malgus

What is this, you’re always throwing this crap out there.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

What is this, you’re always throwing this crap out there.

Please be more specific as to what “crap” I am “always” throwing out…

Actually, don’t bother..

I wrote a post that summarized and challenged your position, but I realized that if you – by your own admission – never heard of Jack, didn’t know of anything he wrote, but would believe some ad hominem screed written by some unknown 3rd party, then nothing I can say will get through to you.

This conversation is over.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Violence is the way of man.

There isn’t a one of us here who doesn’t sleep better at night knowing that there are men out there willing and able to do so in our behalf.

Violence has created the most advances, brought about positive change, kept the wolves at bay. When violence is abandoned by one side only, we see failure and the decent into anarchy.

Ferguson MO, the police and NG backed off, the town burned.
    LA riots, only the places where the store owners defended themselves were safe.
    Rhodesia, they were forced to give up, nearly 35 years later the decent into hades continues.
    South Africa, following Rhodesia.

We all dream of peace but must understand that without both the threat and the violence itself, there can never be a lasting peace.

As to the distant past, I’m ot going to apologize or make excuses for it. The past is a different place, they do things differently there. We cannot look at the past through our eyes, be cause we are not the same people, don’t have the same viewpoints or education/knowledge.

Looking at various places, such as SA and Rhodesia, we can observe the changes since their fall.
    Rhodesia, the crown jewel, breadbasket and first world country now is slightly below cesspool level. Schools and medical facilities that were some of the best in the world, for everyone, are now laughable.
    Farms and property are stolen daily, the constitution is written in pencil, and infrastructure is now 30+ years in the hole.
    This is what you get when you give in to the terrorists.
    When you give into the mobs.
    When you give up the fight.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“If you are trapped in a room with me and I grab a pipe and gesture to strike you with it, no matter who you are, your monkey brain will immediately understand “or else what.” And thereby, a certain order is achieved.” –

I didn’t take a position other than stating that writting like this is puerile. It’s also thuggish. It’s not the thoughts or actions from a leader of men . From my prespective of a mature male, this is not the type of individual that I would look to for anything constructive.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

In SA, most of the victims of violent crime, given the opportunity, would gladly give the criminals what they came for. They would choose to give everything they own to the criminals instead of loosing their loved one or the use of their own legs. The question being asked most of the time… They took his cellphone, but why did they have to kill him?
    I would prefer to live with people that are peaceful and resolve their problems in a respectful manner.

But for some reason I am, as a woman, attracted to men that can stay calm and attack/ defend in the most effective and sufficient way possible. You need to have the mindset to protect yourself and your family. Hurt the attacker really bad – and if he is still a threat Kill him before he kills you.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

I would prefer to live with people that are peaceful and resolve their problems in a respectful manner. – Leopard

So would most people who live in civilized countries.

However, the playing field is not even. Only one side plays by the rules. The other is given a free pass.

These days, whites are told we are guilty of everything. Every hurt, real or imagined, throughout history – we are told that it is our fault. Guilt is heaped upon us. Our ability to empathize with others is being used against us. Vast mountains of treasure are guilted out of whites, apparently in an effort to “make up” for thousands of years of us being such horrible people… we are also forbidden to form ethnic-only groups consisting of whites of European extraction, forbidden to advocate for ourselves, forbidden to even talk about such things… if the subject is broached, the conversation quickly devolves into “Reductio ad Hitlerum”…

In fact, in America these days, being called a “racist” is worse than being accused of being a pedophile or a murderer… just because you might – or might not – share the same opinion as someone else…

Generations of us have been told to not fight back. To not take a stand against thuggery and criminality. Just give them what they want, and they’ll go away.

Taking care of criminals? That’s a job for the “police”, not you. You can’t even be trusted with weapons more dangerous than a pointy stick. Weapons are for the government, their paid goons and the “police”… Too bad the “police” are the best organized and most well-funded criminal gang in most countries. They work for the political elite and themselves. Not you. You are a cow to be milked, then disposed of when beyond use.

Those of us who realize the shakedown for what it is and bell the cat are accused of all sorts of things – the worst being “racist”. It is the same as accusing someone in 16th century Salem of being a “witch”.

Any time one of us righteously defends ourselves against any of the “protected” class of alleged minorities with violence, we are automatically considered guilty – of racism, if nothing else – in their eyes and are excoriated in the mainstream press. The fact that the mainstream press is populated and dominated by Social Marxists and others of their ilk is lost on most people. They control the narrative. Truth does not matter, nor justice, nor righteousness. The ones running the Government, the Media and the Universities are the same people who tried to burn it all down back in the 1960’s. They have moved into – and taken over – the very institutions they excoriated 40 years ago.

“It’s just stuff! Just give it to them, and they’ll go away!”

That’s partially true. It is just stuff. But what about your dignity? Anything you are not willing to fight to defend can hardly be said to exist.

I carry a concealed weapon all the time. Legally. There is always a firearm close to hand here on the Doomstead. If I leave the house, I am carrying. That is an immutable law, carved in stone.

I have no desire to shoot anyone. But at the same time, I have no compunction against shooting anyone if they mean me and my loved ones harm, and I absolutely refuse to put the fate of me and mine into the hands of a criminal or thug who has already shown a complete lack of respect for any social contracts and the law. Nor will I rely on the police – dial for help, like I’m ordering a pizza? Nope. When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

Rely on the tender mercies of the thugs? Heh… good one.

That said, I will sleep perfectly fine at night and to hell with who sets the narrative or what they have to say…

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

“most of the victims of violent crime, given the opportunity, would gladly give the criminals what they came for. They would choose to give everything they own to the criminals instead of loosing their loved one or the use of their own legs. The question being asked most of the time… They took his cellphone, but why did they have to kill him?”

A VERY good question and one that has been answered and well worth researching… ‘Violence Dynamics’ is knowledge we all need to own. Who does what and why should be a fundamental question in most of our research on all things survival related…

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Malgus – I understand what you are saying. And, I am sure I would defend myself/family etc vigorously if confronted. But I do wrestle in my mind with that WWJD question.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

twee,

What would He do?

He said turn the other cheek, not stand there and get the snot beat out of you.

What did he do when he saw the money changers in the temple? He armed himself and then righteously whupped a$$, driving them from the temple…

I look at it this way – my life, the life of my son and wife, they are all gifts from the Almighty. To not fight for those lives to the last breath would be a serious insult.

The other thing is that at the end of days – Christ will return. Not as a healer, but as the ultimate warrior, leading an army against the forces of darkness…

I got a pretty good idea what the Big Guy would do…

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

From Luke:

But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Remember the original was ‘thou shalt not murder’

I prefer to live at peace, but if the need arrives, I am very good at the opposite.
    And have no qualms about using my skills to protect me and mine.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Thank you everyone for a very interesting discussion. We prepare by putting together a bug out bag, having enough fuel in a vehicle to get to where it might be safe for a while. Learn skills how to do things ourselves being the doctor, the gardener, the mechanic. What about skills of a soldier? Not only the skills..but the mind

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thats where good planned timing and a full auto AK come in . Happens in war all the time , a bad or over zealous officer gets ” fraged ” in his tent by his own men . Expect infighting , especially if a situation drags on for a while and things dont go well or as planned . Leaders may change rapidly . Think gangs , rather than soldiers , because the training and discipline will not be there with the vast majority of groups .

Agree. When SHTF everything get new dimension, and things change, words adapt or die are good for that.
    Violence is not good, but it is necessary sometimes, point is to recognize when it is necessary.

People often make mistake choosing the violence as a first option. Today I would always avoid violence if I have any other option, maybe even if that means that I would run away.
    Now that s look wrong maybe for someone, but point is that when you do violence you need to pay price for that.
    I am not talking only about risk of getting wounded or killed, but also about changing yourself.

You will pay price for doing violence, emotionally, it will kick you back, sometimes after the years.
    Not to mention fact that after long time of doing violence you may change your opinion about it completely, you may “embrace” it on wrong way.

In the other hand, when it is necessary I will do it without hesitation and with full force, just like I did it before, and somehow I gonna live with that again.

People are nice when times are nice, and we are being “hold together” by society, laws ,system of punishment etc.
    When that fails most of the people turn to lower state, violence then becoming tool for everything.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

What about skills of a soldier? Not only the skills..but the mind – Leopard

I would advise that you find a mentor.

Ask around, and find someone who was a member of 1 or 3 Reconnaissance Commando of the SADF, but from before 1991…

You might know this, you might not… but once De Klerk handed over the country to the ANC, the SA Special Forces (the most effective fighting force SA had) underwent many “restructurings”. No doubt they also underwent various purges, etc, not to mention political indoctrination (as the Recon Commandos were mostly, if not all white and being the most effective fighting force in SA), the ANC didn’t like them much and probably went out of their way to degrade their performance from a position of self-preservation… 1 Recon Commando is what is called a “force multiplier”… that one unit was worth several conventional units combined… and I’m betting the ANC was very afraid of them. It was in their best interest to disband them.

So, find a veteran of 1 Recon Commando. If you don’t know any, I’m sure they have some sort of Benevolent Association or group… contact them and discreetly ask about training. Most, if not all, will probably be glad to help. In fact, get your friends together and make it a group effort… anyone gets curious, well, you’re “just having some old friends over for tea” or something…

You also might want to take up hunting as a “hobby”…. for someone unaccustomed to killing things, the smell of blood and excrement, not to mention seeing the insides of living things on a regular basis, it will help some. It will also teach you how to move in cover, how to stay quiet, shot placement, etc… the skills of a soldier and the skills of a woodsman/hunter are similar. Plus, it’s enjoyable and will help feed you and yours…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.