Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Danie Theron
    Danie Theron
    Survivalist
    member3

Recently, Toby C recommended an excellent source for street skills and tactics in Mark MacYoung: Please go read there: http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/

Mark has much info on knife attacks on his website. In my experience, it is very accurate in how they happen. I also wanted to refer you all to Deane Lawler. He is a very bright mind with a lot of life experience and his stuff on knife attacks is right in line with Mark MacYoung’s. Friends, please give it a watch. This is reality. Be informed so you can take steps to stay safe or survive.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Here is another one

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Scarry stuff to be sure. Interested to read what Whirly & Mel have to say. Personally my plan is/will be keeping strangers at a safe distance, hopefully with a hidden flanker armed with a rife.
    Of course nothing works like it should.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Danie, It is not easy to defend you self. Knifes is something I own. I have loved to collect them for years.

Tolik, your video was also great. I will remember to have my 9mm on hand all the time in a SHTF and not let someone you do not know to get to close to you. A knife hit will put you down.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Remember a normal person can close the distance of 21 feet In one second. Meet strangers with your hand on your gun or drawn.
    Selco what say you?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974t150v, I know, like I said I have been a knife collector since I was 12 and I love them, can look at one for hours, My wife thinks I am crazy. So I know you better have your gun out. My throw knifes are even faster and when I throw I have three ready.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Lol, Freedom,
    I didn’t mean that for you. I figure there will be other people who read this and may not know how far to keep someone away. Most folks cannot draw and fire in 2 seconds (hitting the target). Thats just 44 feet.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

A LOT of knife defense training (in fact self defense training in general) is fundamentally flawed. For sure check your sources before you adopt a particular style, system, approach!

As Danie says Marc MacYoung is an incredibly good resource to start with :)

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974t150v I hit my targets at about 25 to 30 feet with the throw knifes.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

I would not like to be on the receiving end of a knife.
    Even with a gun, it’s not a guarantee that you won’t get stabbed.
    I always carry a knife with me, just in case.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

1974t150v, I know you didn’t mean that for me. I am just having some fun here. I am OK with a knife but I do not know what I would do if someone else pulls a knife on me. I would pull out the 9mm and hope I do it fast.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hannah, All I can tell you is shot many times to make sure he is down. Do not shot only once.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

If you have a knife for self defense purposes also make sure it has a really good grip. Since a friend slipped into the blade and cut all his finger tendons while stabbing another guy this lessons in deeply ingrained in my brain. What a mess. Fun fact… both parties involved went to the same hospital and waited in the same room for treatment.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks so much for the advice, freedom. The police (interestingly enough) have given similar advice. I really don’t want to shoot anyone, but I live in the South, full of gangbanger wannabees (shootings everyday increasing in frequency) so if I have to use my weapon, I plan to empty it rather than die or worse.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Jay, I agree, some pocket knifes do not have a guard between the handle and blade. This can cut your hands up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.