Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

My husband has been following developments in our military. Or rather, Our Highness’ military.
    1)Did you notice that all the conservative generals and leaders in the Pentagon have been purged?
    2)Now 30,000 of the rank and file military are being sent home during this next year. I can bet they are the more conservative, Constitutionally minded soldiers.
    3)And, His Highness has just signed a royal edict that now allows ILLEGALS to serve in the US military.

What is your guess as to whom the illegals will owe allegiance? The Constitution and our rights as American citizens? Or the Hand that feeds them welfare/free medical care/jobs/cell phones? And now, power if he gives it to them. After all, he WILL arm and train them…

I think our previous debates as to what the military will do under govt orders is now a moot point. Don’t expect your rights to be even known, much less upheld in a fabricated “crisis” that would of course warrant “martial law.”

The demise of America…

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Loyal to him, hardly.

Loyal to their drug lord masters….

As to the military, I will say that I am more concerned with the americorps nutzis and fema.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

So wildartist do you think that the conservative generals are sitting home and waiting for this to happen? Do you think that they never planned for the last 60 or more years if someone like O got the power to do what he is doing that they would be ready for someone like this? They plan for everything! They are more then ready believe me. This is the problem that O has, he has been told that there are plans to take him down.

Tell your husband that this is why O is getting all gray.

The military has plans since over 60 years that no president or anyone else knows 100% what it is. The generals have the plans, there is probable a secret group of military that have all it will take to do the job. Also these generals did not tell the generals that are left in power. They have protocol to who and what they tell these secrets to.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom, I wish it were true and they can get their buts in gear.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, They will, they are looking for the right moment were the people really see what is happening and when the civil unrest starts they then can act on the plan.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

If the people can’t see what is happening they are blind. Or choose to be. There is a term for that which I forget–maybe “Cognitive dissonance”? Where people don’t see/believe/absorb the reality around them because it upsets their equilibrium, their sense of how things should be…. It would mean they need to change or act in a totally new and different way, have a 180′ turn in worldview–which is painful. That’s why predators can kill off their prey in plain sight of the herd (caribou in Alaska, or gazelles in Africa). The rest just go on feeding as if things are normal…

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

wildartist, most people are blind to the world around them. Frogs in a pot of water slowly being brought to a boil.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

So true, MountainBiker, so true.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Wild, I remember selco saying that the older the person the harder it was for them to let go. It makes sense.

In any event. if SHTF i expect the military will be pretty pre occupied wherever the oil is.

My biggest concern in honesty is the rich people out there building private armys, and of coarse the actual private ones and the bigger corporations out there paying them. Gangs rank low on the list here in west canada (just asians and bikers nothing like ms13 etc), but i see a documentary on youtube about how the larger gangs are recruiting ex military to train there enforcers etc.

The USA on the other hand, its a big list of threats if SHTF. Trained gangs, HMG’s and god knows what else they get there hands on, i heard a story about a guy in katrina who mounted what sounded like a 20mm to bolts in his drive way during the gang raids etc. Then you got massive division of religious belief, and sometimes that mixes up with racial hates, then the actual race wars further south you go.

Oh I did forget one other threat here in western canada. Chuck norris has a ranch somewhere in southern B.C, and there is a legit Jeet Kune Do school just outside of calgary operated by one of bruce lees former students. *chuckle*

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I’ve known that Obama has been purging our military of its Constitution-defending officers for quite some time. The allowing of illegals is new to me however!

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

wildartist, when changing are incremental at a slow pace, it just becomes the new normal without many people noticing. People as well see what they want to see within normal frames of reference. I know that folks around here have me pegged as an older guy with money looking to become a gentleman farmer of sorts, not a prepper trying to build some level of self sufficiency. It starting out as a 2nd home followed by a complete renovation of the home and property, then followed by my adding a hand pump to the well, planting various fruiting trees, bushes, perennial beds, putting in a 75’x170′ veggie garden space, and building a permanent greenhouse & potting shed affirmed that perception. What they don’t see is that I’d much rather go to the farmer’s market for fresh veggies and fruits than grow my own but I put in the effort so as to build the skill set. I’d much rather buy canned foods in the store than do canning and other forms of preservation myself but again I want to build the skill set. These efforts have also resulted in my accumulating the myriad of associated supplies and tools for these endeavors, many of which didn’t occur to me until I was actually doing stuff. I’ve told contractors who’ve been in my rather crowded basement that we brought way too much stuff with us when we sold the other house, we’ve got all my inlaw’s stuff , my deceased brother’s stuff I’m holding for my nephew etc. Those things are all true but there is a mountain of preps amongst it all that I don’t talk about or draw attention to. One neighbor thought I was nuts taking the several hundred canning jars they were going to toss when cleaning out the deceased Dad’s house and then spending an entire weekend cleaning them & sorting them out by size and type. The guy & his wife who rototilled my garden this week are gardeners themselves, do canning etc. but they think why would I put in the level of effort a garden that big requires. Sometimes people can’t see that which is in plain view be it what I am doing or what is happening in the larger world around us.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

WildArtist – I know some of the upper ‘retired’ military guys that used to be in charge of global regions of their particular branch, and talk to them. They all (the ones I know) still talk to their fellows, many have their own offices and such, and they meet. But, gosh knows what plans they are or are not making. They are active in a bunch of ‘nonprofits’ and ‘social organizations’ – some you never heard of or can find on the internet. There’s a whole social order and click of retired military big wigs in and just outside DC. Even if those ‘left’ aren’t ‘conservatives’ – many are still wedded to the American ideal of the old school. I am not worried about them. Like Whirly it’s FEMA and the DHS that make me nervous.

But, when all is said and done, people are people. Basically we humans seem to be divided amongst those that either are just wired to operate in the here and now/day-to-day, those that look as far as the nearest horizon (even if it is a hillock) and those that look at the future. I think it’s the basis for how a view of life itself and a view of it is formed. A here-and-now person sees no benefit in time spent ‘guessing’ about stuff that has yet to happen so those things don’t even make a blip on their radar. People who sometimes look up long enough to gaze at the horizon still have a foot in the here-and-now but need support for what they think they see or don’t see on that horizon if they are to act on it in any way. Those that look at the future and notice/pay attention to the shifting views and act upon it are not, in my opinion all that common. And, most have confidence enough in their own assessment of what lies ahead – and act upon it.Of course those are gross generalizations and there all manner of variations – but it is what I think.

If you add in each persons personal predilections, background and the place their brand or lack thereof of ‘faith’ in their lives and what a wonderful stew soup of humanity we have!

KOS – Private armies aren’t something I am overly concerned about at my age. Those private armies are humans to and will be as effective as the level of care taken of them by their employers when SHTF. If they aren’t ‘paid’ in something that is useful to them (should fiat $ become useless) – their loyalties will revert to themselves…or the next ‘employer’ that offers them something better that they want or need. Heck, around here I guess you could consider our local community group which is pretty tight to be a sort of private army – but we don’t have an ‘employer’.

From my ongoing heavy interactions with people from all over and all types in my main business, I think there are a lot more people that are aware of what is going on – but just aren’t sure what to do about it. That is why I posted the Doyouq10.com post/site and suggest you read parts of it. Lots more people ‘see’ than you think…but they don’t know what to do or, they don’t want to be labelled ‘a prepper’ or ‘survivalist’ or even a ‘patriot’ (that smacks of tea-party to many even if they aren’t clear what that means) or whatever. Humans after all mostly like to be accepted by people they view as their peers. Speak to others about becoming more independent and self-sufficient in general and simplifying their life, making life make more sense again, how to shift priorities so they can reclaim more time in their life? Met lots and lots of people like that.

Pontification over. Off the soapbox. Back to work.:) Enjoy this glorious day all.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

As usual Tweva, well said.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I agree with Whirli and Tweva on this. We need to worry more about what FEMA and DHS (mainly DHS) are doing. The Insurrection Act and Posse Comitatus actually protect us quite a bit from the military. I will agree that it is scary that our NG is training to shoot “domestic terrorists.” These “domestic terrorists” being anyone that is highly conservative and is a strong supporter of the Constitution (google it…. Been going on for several years now). Still, it would take a huge national emergency that required the installation of all the Executive Orders to be pushed through for “our safety.”

As for the thinning of the military to make them more liberal and uneducated as to where the real threats lay: This also has been going on for years. Commands have been ignoring Dem/liberal support propaganda and punishing Reb/conservative thought in evals for quite a while. I saw it 10 years ago as I was just getting out.

So back to the current topic….. This is really nothing new, just finally publisized a bit more on sites other than Prison Planet (not that I like him – disclaimer).

http://ageofdecadence.com

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Well…our military/NG etc may or may not be a threat in the future to ordinary citizens. BUT remember Katrina. The Guard came in and confiscated everyone’s weapons. And this was a medium scale disaster in the scheme of things. If that becomes the national scenario, what then?

My husband and many friends are ex-military and don’t like what is happening. The US is becoming weaker and weaker, our rights are being taken, and the Feds are making themselves stronger (over us, not in the eyes of the world.) I may not have the future clearly in view but things do not smell right.

Thank all of you for your views and opinions. All are food for thought.

KOS, I’m old but have moved and lived in widely varying climates and conditions, so am fairly adaptable and aware for an over-70 wrinkled old lady w/CCW. ;) I may not have all the answers but I keep having lots of questions about the direction of our country and the world situation. And I did not know about private armies of the rich–thanks for that information.

I wish we had the money, MountainBiker, to do what you are doing. We are doing what we can in a small way. And trusting God for the rest. As I said elsewhere, my husband’s philosophy is: If you have to go (and we all do eventually), take an honor guard with you. [This was plagiarized from his late best friend, a Navy Frogman (prior to SEALS.)]

Sledjockey, yes, it is very dangerous to our principles of freedom for the NG to be training for “domestic terrorists”. It troubles me that returning servicemen are lumped in with possible terrorist threats. I understand many of the mockups include Christian religious groups and conservative “threats”. Yet the shooter at Ft.Hood and the recent beheader in OKC have not been labelled ‘terrorists’ at all… This are other items that reek strongly of rotting flesh.

I guess we just keep our eyes open, keep prepping, and make good judgments as to when to do what we need to do.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.