Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

I am just curious as to how many people think there will be a complete power vacuum in north America in the event of the grid down or ww3. Most fictional books for post SHTF don’t really address this idea or go the extreme and suggest there will be roaming armys of rainbow warriors and mexican gangs and a complete absence of government or military and all their wonderful toys.

I know a lot of people think fema and DHS will fill the void, and its obvious that those two agencys are preparing for the possibility of collapse and dealing with war lords if they sprout up. (i dont want to get into the politics, its ripe for abuse i know)

Even if the military refused to deploy on home soil (after bostons martial law i would rethink that), there is probably a large chance of blue helmets being deployed in the very least (all diplomatically immune…), as well as private contractors.

What are the odds that people will obey a draft? For military service or ditch digging?

Its just my belief, but I think civilians will willingly walk into fema camps at first, most people would obey a draft or volunteer in the right situation, and that gang leaders turned war lord will meet their end under heavy artillery bombardment.

How far am I out to lunch? I love talking about this kind of stuff.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

I’ll Play :D

IMO the County Sheriff will fill that void, and rather well. That is the ONLY constitutional “police force” and they take that oath of office, and most take it seriously. I think we will find that there are plenty of good folks ready to step up and serve. Plus some not so good ones, but in a power vacuum there will also be good ones to counter this. “They” say that Americans have 300 million firearms, but I’d imagine that figure is LOW, and that here are many good guys ready and willing to use them to keep the peace.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS,
    I’m pretty certain that everywhere there is a surviving jurisdictional authority whether it be a cop, city councilman, mayor, or someother blowhard, they will want to be in charge.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I am with undeRGRond on this one. There are the County Sheriffs, the Oath Keepers, many Militia in every state which are all very well organized for this and out of the 100 million gun owners there will be 5 to 10 million that will join them. This is all facts that the government knows. That is why the government has wanted gun control because they know it will be a long fight to take control. They may lose that fight.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

freedom wrote:
    I am with undeRGRond on this one. There are the County Sheriffs, the Oath Keepers, many Militia in every state which are all very well organized for this and out of the 100 million gun owners there will be 5 to 10 million that will join them. This is all facts that the government knows. That is why the government has wanted gun control because they know it will be a long fight to take control. They WILL lose that fight.

;) Fixed it for ya, Free ;)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Thank you undeRGRond! It was late and had a glass of wine.

Profile photo of Aukxsona
    Aukxsona
    Survivalist
    member2

First, the federal government does not have enough boots on the ground to fight everyone at once. If a couple of small time war lords show up, they will bury them in lead to make an example of them. I truly believe that the first dozen or so will be put down fast. However as more show up at once, in non-descript places and in cities, they will focus on the big city boys to have the most impact with somewhat limited resources.

Now, in the small time rural areas, there will be county sheriffs that will seek to keep the peace. They will also have plenty of help, but not enough against a large band of toughs and a war lord. Rural areas have a lot of in fighting and they only band together when it is clear that there is a danger to everyone. Depending on the area, this wait and see attitude will allow war lords to become entrenched. War lords will have more resources and out gun the sheriff IF the locals can not end in fighting.

When was the last time you went without electricity, running water, food, and had babies screaming for food...now you know why I prep. These are the things a mother's nightmares are made of.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The In and the Out. If the area is homogenious and tight for political and economic reasons it will be defended. The surrounding county state will be Out. Out of luck. Geography rules in the end. County seats survive, city centers, military bases. The out areas get left to the anarchy. Little militias putting up their own road blocks. People taking what they want or need. Other people deciding their area is safe and the people coming in shouldn’t have guns and can/can’t stay. This will be the beginning of the Purge. Funny how a far fetched low budget movie can have an element of truth.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Its just my belief, but I think civilians will willingly walk into fema camps at first, most people would obey a draft or volunteer in the right situation, and that gang leaders turned war lord will meet their end under heavy artillery bombardment.

Very good thinking. I have seen something like that.
    You see there is no situation like real “absence of law”, problem is that when SHTF people who will try (or succeed) to gain power in some area (let s say city or state…) will have different ideas about law and human rights and similar things.

Biggest problem is that most of the ordinary folks want to have someone to rule over them, they want to trust in law, they want to trust in system, to be part of the system.
    Most of the deaths in beginning of SHTF scenario is about fact that people OBEY to the wrong guys, with wrong orders.
    And I have seen people WILLINGLY going to the private prisons, work camps, or simply to be executed just because the believed in orders from the guys who looked or say that they are law.

Real vacuum is there only if you look from distance, if you look closer you ll see that there are gonna be many groups (fractions, governments, militias, paramilitary or whatever name is gonna be) who are fighting for power and resources without any moral (ethics).

When SHTF most of the people will look for outside help, for someone to tell them what to do, to organize them, to help them.
    All that sounds good, but better idea is to be organized and prepared before SHTF and to not trust nobody when SHTF.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Yea Selco, I couldn’t trust an authority if the SHTF. If anything, and I mean no disrespect to those who serve either law enforcement or soldiers right now or former, I just couldn’t follow. Let alone during a SHTF someone telling me there a cop or wtv… During katrina someone told me about all the bullet holes at this one LEO house, so I don’t expect a real cop to be advertising they where a cop if SHTF, it would have to be a con.

Anyway, I don’t know much about the militia in the USA, just that there is a big one in alaska, and of course texas. Crazy as it sounds I like the idea of a sherif laying down the law, but I just like old westerns and wikipedia storys.

Wonder what the odds of a cult gaining sway are. ISIS is an example of a power vacuum situation, and I suppose a cult of sorts.

Doomsday cults tend to prep last I checked lol.

Anyway, in my small community, cops wont show up without numbers, we don’t exactly have a crime problem, the people are just nuts. I don’t see a sheriff sprouting up so much as the group I’m positive is gonna sprout up here. Not the kind of law I want to live under.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

KOS, It is not only Militias which are in every state and some states have more then one, and it is not only the Sheriffs but also the Oath Keepers http://oathkeepers.org and the 100 million gun owners in the U. S. that if only 10% fight back that is 10 million which is the largest army that any country has.

Also remember that the government in a SHTF would have there hand full just with the criminals and gang member which also have millions of member all armed.

This is the reason why the government has not tried to take over the people. It is not easy.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Here is a great article that I find the fact to be incredible and makes the number that we keep posting to be very low.

In this article it shows how many guns where sold from 2005 to 2014 which 2014 is still not over since the largest sales of guns is Christmas gifts. So only the last ten years the number are 55.08 million guns. So the 300 million is more like 400 million or more, We just do not know!

Here is the link, go down to the stats.

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/?p=71573/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=woody&utm_campaign=20141101-chronicle1101-gunvote2014

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Well i truly hope it wont be easy. these days spooks are everywhere, even nitting clubs so i saw, its nuckin futs.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Selco wrote:</div>if you look closer you ll see that there are gonna be many groups (fractions, governments, militias, paramilitary or whatever name is gonna be) who are fighting for power and resources without any moral (ethics).

When SHTF most of the people will look for outside help, for someone to tell them what to do, to organize them, to help them.

Which is why, one of the best SHTF plans you can make now is to become involved in your local community – and to make lots of friends and encourage other people to get involved. Even if this means working outside your comfort zone, and possibly having to be the catalyst for starting some local, non-threatening, sort of community ‘group’ (you pick the name/best ‘purpose’). Natural leaders do eventually become obvious, as do the locals to keep an eye on – the ones that have ‘adjustable’ morals and ethics. Like does attract like. It’s the best way I figure to not have a vacuum in my local area – no matter what other ‘group’ shows up/arises. Think! It is even NOW that people ‘look for outside help, for someone to tell them what to do, to organize them, to help them.’ Many people are worried, concerned and frightened NOW. Why wait until SHTF?

Get up, get out, open your mouth, just talk to people. Do things to get the community simply interacting with each other more. Tough in this day and age but not impossible – and many WANT to get away from their screens and feel like they ‘belong to something’.

Don’t wait. The ‘intelligence’ network you can develop and information you learn NOW will be very valuable – and may save your life.

My 2 cents.

Profile photo of foodforthought
    foodforthought
    Survivalist
    member2

Haven’t seen it discussed on here, so I’ll chip in.

I think foreign troops are a greater threat than homeland security.
    Have you guys already discounted the reports of Russian military types, speaking perfect english, that seem to be stationed rural parts of the country? Or training with our troops?
    I live in a big city, so foreigners don’t stand out here. So I can’t verify online comments until I can do another road trip. But lets assume for a minute they’re not all liars; those guys would be a greater threat than our own govt, partly because the majority of folks don’t know about what’s happening.

If its all disinfo, that’s fine. it just means people are on high alert for nothing, and they’ll be more aware

upward and onward

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.